which exhaust for 06

15 replies to this topic
  • ltrosson

Posted January 18, 2006 - 10:45 AM

Want a new pipe on the 06. Had a Dr. D on my 426 and it was great, but I am now looking at the White Bro's Aluminum Pro II. Wish do you all like. Thanks alot. :thumbsup:

• DPW

Posted January 18, 2006 - 11:28 AM

I also like the White Bro's Aluminum Pro II , but as slow as I ride I can not justify spending $500. I had good luck with the Dubach on my '03 and '05.

Is there something wrong with the stocker or do you just need more power?

• brycee

Posted January 18, 2006 - 11:54 AM

Look for the new system for Yoshimura... great price for your gains and a much cleaner ( and newer) design than the Dubach. I believe it's called the RS-2...

• palmdaleRider

Posted January 18, 2006 - 12:03 PM

I have a Yoshi on my 426. I'd like to sell it and get a stock one.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 18, 2006 - 06:33 PM

I think I am going with DR D's full system with spart arrestor and quiet cap. Looks to be the best.

• YZF831

Posted January 18, 2006 - 07:12 PM

Dr. D. You can't go wrong with a pipe that's pretty much made for and tested on Yamaha's.

• Reyndogg

Posted January 18, 2006 - 08:08 PM

I ordered a FMF Factory 4.1 for mine

• bud

Posted January 19, 2006 - 07:45 AM

i would like to see pictures of aftermarket exhaust on the 06yz450. i would like one just to get rid of the long can hanging out back.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper_dad

Posted January 19, 2006 - 10:32 AM

They are all long and obtrusive as far as I am concerned :thumbsup: , I think your a little like me and that a bike looks so much better with the little exhaust under the side panel like a smoker.

Rich

• yamahaboy99

Posted January 19, 2006 - 11:31 AM

Look for the new system for Yoshimura... great price for your gains and a much cleaner ( and newer) design than the Dubach. I believe it's called the RS-2...

Your right it is the RS-2 and it will be available for our bikes in about 3 weeks. Im unable to give a price but I'm guessing it will be around the same price as the tri-oval systems.

Posted Image

For 2006 Yoshimura is introducing a new off-road exhaust line... the RS-2. The RS-2 is available in two configurations - Titanium Pro-Series or Stainless Comp-Series. The Pro-Series is available with a titanium or carbon fiber sleeve while the Comp-Series is mated to an aluminum sleeve. The RS-2 features a new and improved diamond shape sleeve that is designed to improve performance levels throughout the powerband but also increase muffler packing life. The RS-2 is available for RMZ/YZ/KX/CRF 450f's and RMZ/YZ/KX/KTM 250f's.

P.S. Im not a Yoshimura employee

• aedwards07

Posted January 19, 2006 - 01:19 PM

I saw 2 of the new RS-2 pipes this weekend on KX250F's.I will end up getting a FMF factory 4.1 with the megabomb header.It tucks in more and and actually makes a difference in power.At the moment I have no need for more power.

• yamahaboy99

Posted January 19, 2006 - 01:23 PM

Arent you also sponsored by FMF?

Is there actual proof that the yosh system doesnt make a difference in power as opposed to the FMF?

just curious

• ThumperKid250F

Posted January 19, 2006 - 01:39 PM

i have a yosh on my 04 250f right now and it made a huge increase in power in the mid range and topend pull...

ps the new yosh looks good.

• yamahaboy99

Posted January 19, 2006 - 01:41 PM

i have a yosh on my 04 250f right now and it made a huge increase in power in the mid range and topend pull...

ps the new yosh looks good.

I also have a yosh on my 04 and it made my old FMF feel like a stock pipe after putting the yosh on..

• Lizard 1

Posted January 20, 2006 - 04:49 AM

Yosh pipes are good looking, but unless you like to repack the can all the time and keep replacing rivets, etc., buy something else. Dr. D or the FMF...

• ride yzf all the way

Posted January 20, 2006 - 05:21 AM

i have a ti-4 but it awesome but i go with a yoshi

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.