E series Quiet Core

4 replies to this topic
  • jcole

Posted January 18, 2006 - 09:26 AM

I have a White Brothers E series exhaust and I tried to install the quiet core and the bike seemed to pop alot more than it had without the quiet core. Do I just need to add more disks to the exhaust, or is this a jetting issue?

• rlp1

Posted January 18, 2006 - 09:32 AM

I think that it is too lean. You'll probably want a second opinion on that one, but I believe that the popping is from being too lean.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dano426

Posted January 18, 2006 - 09:42 AM

I have a White Brothers E series exhaust and I tried to install the quiet core and the bike seemed to pop alot more than it had without the quiet core. Do I just need to add more disks to the exhaust, or is this a jetting issue?

Some popping on de-acceleration is normal. If it is popping at idle and during acceleration your jetting is to lean. I would start by adjusting your fuel screw. I would also contact White Brothers and see what they recommendations for your bike That way you will have a good base line to start.

• kizzle426

Posted January 18, 2006 - 02:17 PM

Sounds lean to me. I just ordered the Quiet Core 2 insert. Did yours help?

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted March 13, 2006 - 09:59 AM

I ordered the quiet core 2 for my '00 yz 426 and it didn't help at all, i feel like a damned dunce. This bike came with the pipe and all the disks were bolted on...i took a few disks off and no change...sounded exactly the same put this quiet core on...again...doesn't seem to have any effect on power or noise.

Is there another insert that goes along with the exhaust or something? because this thing sounds (and when i disassemble it looks) like a straight pipe. I'm looking at an end cap for the e-series that allows you to straight pipe it or use the diffuser disks...that costs like 75 bucks, any one used this?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.