DR650 Decals

6 replies to this topic
  • yellowfinch11

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:58 AM

Am in the process of purchasing a 2003 DR650. Currently the decals are coming off the one side of the tank due to a gas leak when the tank was removed.

Anyone know of a web site to purchase on-line (and possibly save money) rather than buying from the dealer for $101.45?

:thumbsup:

• mayner

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:20 AM

Ron Ayers has them for $157 and change. You may be getting a deal. I'm not sure if that's for both sides or just one side.

If you just want the "S". it's 8 bucks and change.

Wow!

• DansDR

Posted 18 January 2006 - 11:52 AM

I have seen the decals on Ebay. Right now, there are actually a few OEM dr650 gas tanks in great shape that have a "buy it now" option for $99. That might actually be a more cost effective move and easier to find item.
Good luck.

• telcobilly

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:39 PM

Anyone have a source for decals that will stay on a plastic gas tank? I have seen perforated decals on a Honda, but none for the DR650...A generic Suzuki or "S" would be fine...

• mayner

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:44 AM

The "S" can be gotten from Ron Ayers. A heck of a lot cheaper than the entire tank decal. I have seen a set from Ceet Graphics for the DR350 that might work.

• Mudshark

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:04 PM

if the decals are coming off, the clear-coat must be damaged.
on the stock tanks the dacals are under the clearcoat.
I would just strip and respray the tank and put just a set of new "S" 's on it.

• leemoto1

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:39 PM

Unfortunately tank decals are expensive. Mine cost me $160 from the dealer (OEM). I couldn't find them any where else. My 1990 DR650 has a 5.5 gallon tank so just picture the size of the decals. Because these things are so freakn' expensive, you might want to have a professional (dealer) install them (probably $60 or so). If you install the decals yourself, be sure to use the water method so you can move the decals around once they are on the tank. Once placed correctly, carefully press the water out from behind the decal and let it set.
Good Luck

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.