Brake bleeding Problems

1 reply to this topic
  • rob612

Posted January 18, 2006 - 06:33 AM

I have a 02' WR426 with a spongy feeling front brake. The front brake didn't start giving me problems until i crashed and the weight of the bike landed on that master cylinder front brake lever area. After that, the brake was squeeking and spongy feeling. The pads are fine. Theres no leaking of brake fluid. I've bled the brakes and also installed a Master cylinder rebuild kit. Is there a special trick to bleeding that might help? Any advice would be appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jerryls

Posted January 18, 2006 - 09:02 AM

Try removing the front caliper from the fork, so no bubbles can get caught around the bend. Use some small clamps to hold the caliper pistons all the way in, forcing out any bubbles there. Then use a vacuum pump to bleed.

Some people say reverse bleeding the system is better, as it forces the air bubbles up thru the system. But it sounds really messy.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.