Oil for WR450

2 replies to this topic
  • locknload

Posted January 18, 2006 - 12:57 AM

Hi to all first post tonight-this is an excellent web site-now for my ? i have just bought an 03 WR450 and as i have been away from dirt bikes for a few years (hell in my dirt bike days 4 strokes were not even cosidered to be dirt bikes lol ) I currently ride a 04 Aprilia RSVR 1000 and a 1998 Triumph T595 and the girlfriend rides a 2001 Ducati 748 and a 1995 Ducati 750 Monster. All these bikes run on Mobil 4T which is a full synthetic motorbike oil. Would this oil be allright to run in the WR. Or do you have any recomendations :thumbsup: Cheers people

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OneToGo

Posted January 18, 2006 - 07:04 AM

Dirt bikes are no different to your high performance street machines. Run-in using mineral oils then fully synthetic is fine, your 03 WR should be well worn. Watch out for additives that could lead to clutch problems.
The WRs and other enduro orientated thumpers need frequent oil and filter changes due to the tough environment, high temps and small oil qunatities. Recognized quality oils such as Motul / Motorex are common and Yamaha make a range (yamalube) which a lot of thumper riders use.
Take your pick, just change it often
Welcome back to the dirt, you will wonder why you left..

• blue450f

Posted January 18, 2006 - 08:23 AM

Welcome back to the dirt and awesome choice of bike btw...as far as oil I use Amsoil. It's a fully synthetic oil. This stuff is incredible!!! You can go longer between oil changes which leads to more $$$$$$avings! I use it in all of my dirt bikes (6). Just my .02 but you can read about it online and make your own opinion. Good luck.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.