what would you do?///??

6 replies to this topic
  • stiz001

Posted January 17, 2006 - 10:33 PM

Hey all...i need a engine rebuild on my xr600 have been advised that it will cost around the 2000 mark.I can get a another xr for a similar price than that of the rebuild.Question ...Buy the other bike ..get the engine. put in mine ..plus all the rest as spares or sell off...or get the rebuild done .The engine of the other bike has no smoke rattles etc..only done 7000kms...what you all think?? cheers

• rmhrc630

Posted January 17, 2006 - 10:40 PM

wait and get a CRF600

• timothypg

Posted January 18, 2006 - 04:32 AM

hi. from reading post's on dbw i hear bikes are expensive down there, so if i were you i would get the other bike and use the best of both and have a parts bike for later on. tim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • al_piv

Posted January 18, 2006 - 05:02 AM

again with the phantom CRF600

• ghoti

Posted January 18, 2006 - 05:43 AM

Definately buy the other bike. Keep yours for spare parts, or build one with the best parts from each.

• Ramcc4x4

Posted January 18, 2006 - 06:30 AM

My thought is it depends on how attached you are to your 600 and how much money you have into it. If you've been wanting another bike for awhile then it's an easy decision. If you love your bike and have some extra $$$ to spend, get a rebuild and install a big bore kit. Seems like a shame to turn it into a parts bike if everything else is in good shape. I know here in California used 2000 XR650R's are going for $2500 or less.

• Mantrasonica

Posted January 18, 2006 - 07:51 AM

You gotta know when to say when. Only you can answer that question.

Related Content

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  40 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  47 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.