06 Aftermarket parts.....

19 replies to this topic
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 17, 2006 - 08:58 PM

Does anyone have parts for the 06 450's yet. I just bought a anniversary editoin tonight and was looking for...Plastics, skid plate, rad guards, and a bigger tank. Does anyone have a line on any of these. Thanks.

• DPW

Posted January 18, 2006 - 05:58 AM

I'm waiting for the '06 GYTR catalog to come out. There is a picture in the new Dirt Bike mag of the GYTR skid plate for the '06 YZ450F. Works Connection should have a skid plate out in a couple of weeks too.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 18, 2006 - 09:48 AM

Cool thanks. I looks like Utah Sport already has a skid plate out too. From looking at online catalogs it looks like March before the plastics are out. I emailed Unabiker on the rad guards and Clarke Mfg. on a tank, so I will post up what I find out. I did find a listing for an IMS 3.1 gallon tank for the 06 too.

• thumper_dad

Posted January 18, 2006 - 10:15 AM

I just got my 06 and right off the bat I found out you will be hard pressed to find a selection of Spark Arrested pipes available for the 06's.
Pro Circuit is coming with theirs this week and Akrapovich is coming in early February.

I got the full TI SA system from Dubach Racing for $500 and it looks sweet as hell!, i will post a picture after I get it mounted.

The stock black tank and blue shrouds look soooooo sweet together I hate to put an ugly IMS monster on board but went ahead and ordered it for that occasional long ride.

I rode mine this past weekend and it's a gas guzzler to say the least :thumbsup: , I rode like 20 miles and it was almost bone dry.

I hope you enjoy your new bike I know I enjoy mine. Is it the best YZ ever made? ..... without a doubt. :bonk:

Rich

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 18, 2006 - 06:32 PM

I found out today that Unabiker is going to start on the yz450 rad guards this week, but I am not sure how long it will take from design to marketed product. Clarke Mfg. told me they will have tanks out by early March, I will wait for one of those, as I loved my Clarke tank on my WR. I did put my ASV levers from my WR onto the YZ today, whew, that saved me 150 fun tokens. Also I found out that my stainless oil filter and my magnetic drain plug will fit in the YZ as well. :thumbsup:

• lipskid

Posted January 18, 2006 - 08:10 PM

IMS called me today (I called them early last week and got on a waiting list) to say they had a new 3.1gal. tank ready to ship to me. $225.00 includes shipping.

Have to say I agree, the stock tank is purty. At least it's only 5 minutes to swap tanks when needed. :bonk:

Has anyone talked to Scotts about stabilizer mounts?

I need a quieter pipe/SA for this thing. Have a PC496 on the WR. It runs good (no baffles), but it's still a bit loud, and DAMN it's big. I was thinking of trying a FMF Q2. Does anyone have experience with both. Does the Q2 run as well (or close to) as the PC?

Holy :thumbsup: this bike rocks!!!

• gdbarr1976

Posted January 18, 2006 - 08:27 PM

Rekluse clutch, pro moto billet spark arrester end cap with silent insert, 51 tooth rear sprocket, dubch fuel screw, 170 main, 48 pilot and my 06 se is now sweet for off road!

• SureBlue

Posted January 18, 2006 - 08:53 PM

Does anybody know if Devol actually has the skidplate, glideplate and radiator guards ready and available, or are they just listing them??
Any experiences of Devol products?

• mxmark

Posted January 18, 2006 - 09:08 PM

I looked up all the part numbers on the GYT Yamaha parts. All of them are on Back Order right now. Have your local dealer go onto the Yamaha computer and type in 2S2 into the parts lookup program. I found 34 GYT Accessory numbers. Thanks Mark

• TimFurryBalls

Posted January 18, 2006 - 09:56 PM

You know, that new YZF is the sweetest thing I've seen from Yamaha yet. It even makes an old YZF'er want to go back to blue at times. It's a darn SHAME to see it blatantly disrespected with talk of big ugly IMS tanks, spark arrestors, flywheel weights, etc! I may ride red, but I still bleed blue. Shame on you all! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 18, 2006 - 10:04 PM

... big ugly IMS tanks, spark arrestors, flywheel weights, etc!...

Like putting Secretariat in a harness rig, in'it?

• lipskid

Posted January 19, 2006 - 04:40 AM

Naah, I like to look at it more like..., Penelope Cruz in carharts.

Ahhh, Penelope...... :thumbsup:

• mtrdrms

Posted January 19, 2006 - 10:39 AM

Rekluse clutch, pro moto billet spark arrester end cap with silent insert, 51 tooth rear sprocket, dubch fuel screw, 170 main, 48 pilot and my 06 se is now sweet for off road!

Will a sprocket for an 04 fit the 06?

• TimFurryBalls

Posted January 19, 2006 - 11:54 AM

Xactly. Kind of like my brother Oldblue never taking her out on the tracks, and just putting along on trails. . . blasphamy! :thumbsup:

• gdbarr1976

Posted January 19, 2006 - 04:16 PM

Not sure but I would bet it would.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 19, 2006 - 05:30 PM

My 12 tooth fit up front. Good move too. :thumbsup:

• ethan

Posted January 19, 2006 - 09:04 PM

Universal will not be making any glide plates or rad. braces for the 06'. Works Connection will have the glide plate ready in 3 weeks, and rad. braces in 4 to 5 weeks. They said they were having a hard time finding a place to mount the braces because the tank mounts are now on top of the frame. Lightspeed should have a carbon fiber glide plate ready in a couple weeks. This was all as of Monday morning.

• oldblue

Posted January 20, 2006 - 01:29 PM

Ouch. I guess you'd better tell Ty Davis that he is riding the wrong bike as well. Although you have to admit he's done quite well on the ol' 450 even though he's not on a track.

• riderman329

Posted January 20, 2006 - 04:38 PM

no way universal is not make any glide plates, or rad braces?

i'm going to have to call up Mike D and see whats up!

• lipskid

Posted January 21, 2006 - 02:12 PM

Scotts damper mounts are available.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.