I am worried that I screwed up my bike

2 replies to this topic
  • kawirider

Posted January 17, 2006 - 05:13 PM

I was riding some trails yesterday, and there was this part that went through a creek. I knew about the whole breather tube thing, so I kept it revved as I was going through, but even then, the water was still very high. I didnt get any in the airbox and it ran fine with no loss of power for another 15 miles before I packed up and went home. The only thing I am worried about is that there is a little spot of oil at the small opening on the RIGHT side of the cylinder. You know, the tiny little hole that is about 3 inches from the top of the motor. It is just a spot and nothing more, but I have never seen oil there before and so I am worried. Should I be?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamadoggy

Posted January 17, 2006 - 06:55 PM

Are you talking about the spark plug drain hole? I always seem to get a little in there when cheking the valves. If you got water in the top side, that oil could ooze out after the water was gone...

• kawirider

Posted January 18, 2006 - 05:36 AM

Yeah thats it, the spark plug drain hole.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.