04 yz450f rear spring

6 replies to this topic
  • nightwhler

Posted January 17, 2006 - 12:33 PM

I weigh 200 lbs and adjusted the rider sag on the bike to spec, but now there is no free sag. I'm sure it's because the spring is too soft. Does anyone know where i can find a spring for a reasonable price that will suit my needs? i read somewhere that i may need a spacer, is this true?

Thanks TTers!!

• grayracer513

Posted January 17, 2006 - 12:37 PM

Adding a spacer does nothing that turning the preload nuts won't do. You need a heavier spring rate. Once you determine the correct rate, you can shop eBay or post a want ad here.

• nightwhler

Posted January 17, 2006 - 12:41 PM

when i mentioned the spacer, it was in addition to the new spring. how do i figure what spring rate i need?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted January 17, 2006 - 01:31 PM

use the spring rate calculator on racetech's website. You might want to go one size bigger than recommended though, because it seems they undersize. They recommended a 6.0 for me (6-5, 265, trails) and I got a 6.4 that is just about perfect, if not slightly undersized.

• RHanson94

Posted January 18, 2006 - 05:17 PM

I recently bought an 03 YZ450F that had aftermarket suspension setup for a 200lb guy. The rear spring is made by Works Connection but I'm not sure on the actual number on it because my shock and forks are getting resprung right now. I should have my suspension back Friday and I'll check the number on the old spring if you're interested. I'd let it go for $60 shipped and I'll also check on the fork springs if you want also. I'd sell all three springs for $110 shipped. I think retail is $220.

• 642MX

Posted January 18, 2006 - 08:17 PM

I'm 220+ and I run a 5.8 spring in the rear. It made all the difference in the world.

• aford541

Posted January 18, 2006 - 10:10 PM

I have a 5.7 I don't need. 50 bucks.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.