XR650L Zerk fittings

7 replies to this topic
  • ghoti

Posted January 17, 2006 - 10:19 AM

I have an 04 and it has one fitting on the main pivot, (where the bolt goes through the frame). The book shows two on the dogbone link too. There are some flats on mine where the zerks would go, but no fittings. I am thinking I will put some in there. Is there any reason not to? Does anyone know when Honda stopped including them?

• roadcam

Posted January 17, 2006 - 10:52 AM

it would be a good idea to install Zerks on your dogbone ... my 2001 had both Zerks, and my KoubaLink has both .. simple enough to do...drill, tap .. :thumbsup:

• Fio

Posted January 17, 2006 - 07:33 PM

My 03 650L has the Zerk fittings and so does the XRs only lowering link I just installed, looks like they just tried to cut some cost on the newer bike. hopefully they used the same double bearings on each end of the link, the grease fittings feed in between the both bearings on my 03. :thumbsup:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted January 18, 2006 - 09:47 AM

My '01 is fully zerked. Every joint.

Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ghoti

Posted January 18, 2006 - 01:09 PM

Anyone with an 04 or newer have more than one zerk? Did I get a Monday bike? :thumbsup:

• snaggleXR650

Posted January 18, 2006 - 02:08 PM

Zerks are nice, but they don't clean out the junk. The new grease going in just takes the path of least resistance and squirts out the seal, leaving the old junk in there. Nothing beats a full tear down once a year or two and doing a proper job of it.

• mgs781

Posted January 18, 2006 - 02:09 PM

Mine only has one, at the swing arm pivot bolt.

MGS

• wr450fyamaha

Posted January 18, 2006 - 06:02 PM

mine has about 35230985723 all over the place.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.