YZ number plate w/odometer?

4 replies to this topic
  • robertt

Posted January 17, 2006 - 09:14 AM

I was thinking of going with a YZ number plate on my '03 WR, but I would like to keep the odometer. Has anybody done this?

• taksx

Posted January 17, 2006 - 10:27 AM

I have.
drill two little holes on each side of the top of your new plate and zip tie them to your brackets.
do the same on the bottom back of the plate and zip tie them to the bottom clamps.
works okay not the best set up but it works.

Eddie. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450F_RDR

Posted January 17, 2006 - 12:24 PM

I picked up an UFO front number plate for mine, if you remove the bracket at the bottom for the headlight the pins fit perfect in the holes with a little trimming at bottom of number plate then just zip tye at top. I removed the odometer cable on mine so cant give any input there.

• SBRacing

Posted January 18, 2006 - 03:00 PM

anyone have a headlight and brakets for me : )

• WR450F_RDR

Posted January 19, 2006 - 06:53 AM

anyone have a headlight and brakets for me : )

Sorry ,but I am pulling all the lights and such off mine, but am going to keep the parts, the bike is plated for dual sport use and if I ever decide to sell it,it will be worth more setup as a dual sport bike.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.