White Brothers Exhaust

9 replies to this topic
  • kizzle426

Posted January 17, 2006 - 08:12 AM

I made this post over in General, but I thought it would do good here. I got a good deal on the E-Series with discs on ebay and ordered a quiet core 2 for it off of Dennis Kirk in hopes it will be quieter than my Powercore 4, which can't pass a 100Db test to save it's own life (obviously). I'm just wondering if anybody can pass tests with these things. I'm tired of loudness and I got a hell of a deal. Anyway, let me know.

• sldietz

Posted January 17, 2006 - 03:22 PM

I believe running 6 discs will help but cuts your low end...you'll have to play around with it and see...if you do a search on the threads you should be able to find some info on this..it's been brought up before.

• 02YZ426

Posted January 17, 2006 - 03:32 PM

I have the E-Series on my 426 and I love it... but its still fairly loud. Im not sure how many discs I have in it right now, but I doubt its quieter than 100db.

• sldietz

Posted January 17, 2006 - 03:43 PM

The only other drawback about the E-series is the weight. That thing is heavy. I had one on my 426 and switched out to a FMF Ti set up. Huge weight savings.

• beasleys

Posted January 17, 2006 - 05:13 PM

I am the one you just bought that exhaust from on ebay. You did get a good deal. :bonk: I was running it on my 01 426. The HS series I run in FL requires 96 dB and that is the reason I am getting rid of the pipe after using it for a total of maybe 2 months. I had it sound checked and it was floating right around 98-99 dB with the AMA test method. The Pipe right now has 9 diffuser disks and 1 spark arrestor disk. As others have said I know you can tune it with the number of disks but honestly I never messed with it other than taking it apart to polish/clean the disks. Good luck with the pipe though and I should be able to get it shipped tommorow. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dsconstructs

Posted January 17, 2006 - 06:47 PM

Less discs=less noise. Though it also affects performance.
2 discs and the spark arrestor on mine is putting out 95 decibels.

• kizzle426

Posted January 17, 2006 - 06:51 PM

Less discs=less noise. Though it also affects performance.
2 discs and the spark arrestor on mine is putting out 95 decibels.

You could try leaning it out a little to make up for it. I just got the Zip-Ty externally adjustable fuel screw and it's going to help out a lot tuning this thing in.

• dsconstructs

Posted January 17, 2006 - 07:27 PM

:thumbsup: Absolutely, in fact I added the easy adjust screw right after that because of how it was running that first day, I dropped down to 2 discs from 12 just before riding in Stonyford, and quickly found out how much I wanted to make the fuel adjustment easier.

• kizzle426

Posted January 17, 2006 - 07:32 PM

How many turns did you have to go with 2 discs and the arrestor? I'm at 2 3/4 turns right now.

• dsconstructs

Posted January 17, 2006 - 07:52 PM

I'm in a bit more than 1/2 turn from before. I was only out about 2 1/4 turns to begin with.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.