yz 426 front sprocket removal

8 replies to this topic
  • Code

Posted January 16, 2006 - 07:45 PM

Any tricks to get this sucker to break free...Wife standing on rear brake...i lifting the stinking bike and wife off the ground trying to get the counterchaft nut to loosen up....

Anyone been there, done that? Sure could use the help...I do not want to Round off the nut.......
Thanks...
:applause:

Nevermind.... Love that search !

http://www.thumperta...aft nut removal

• BC61

Posted January 16, 2006 - 07:47 PM

electric impact wrench

• Code

Posted January 16, 2006 - 07:59 PM

Aye, gonna try that tomarrow :cry: got one at work. Thanks... :cry: :bonk: :applause:

• 01yz426

Posted January 16, 2006 - 10:54 PM

WD-40 and lot's of it... Let it sit overnight then give er a whack with a hammer, then go to town on it once more with the socket wrench.... Worked for me...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Code

Posted January 17, 2006 - 04:21 PM

Yup, Impact took her right off :thumbsup: thanks Guys!

• yogist

Posted October 29, 2006 - 10:50 AM

Ive soaked with wd.....and am using an impact wrench......No luck..
these arent left hand threads....??

• mudhog426

Posted October 29, 2006 - 11:49 AM

Unless I'm thinking backwards, the retaining nut should spin off in the opposite direction the sprocket rotates.

• yogist

Posted October 29, 2006 - 12:29 PM

Unless I'm thinking backwards, the retaining nut should spin off in the opposite direction the sprocket rotates.

It doesnt say anything in the manual.....Id like to know if Im turning it the right way....01 426...

• yogist

Posted October 29, 2006 - 01:38 PM

it came off....After douching it with wd..for about 3 hours..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.