My Solution to the POS WR Starter Button.

2 replies to this topic
  • tony1970

Posted January 16, 2006 - 05:01 PM

I have noticed how lazy I have become since buying my WR and selling my old XR400. So wanted to share what I did to make sure I am not stranded half the day without the electric start because of a little starter button breaking. After my stock button popped out I set out to buy a 2001 YZ kill button to replace it like so many have advised to do here at TT. After thinking about it I decided to replace the kill button also since it was the same dubious button as the starter had. After receiving the buttons I noticed that they had bullet connectors on them and after clipping them off and soldering the factory harness connectors on it dawned on me what I could do with those connectors. I spliced and soldered them in between the starter button wire connected both sides and installed the button. Then I took the old kill button and added another set of bullet connectors to match on the starter button. This way if I take a hard fall or the other button breaks for some reason I can pull the old kill button out of my pack, attach it to the handlebars and plug it in. :applause: Simple solution, but I probably would not have thought of it if I was not drinking while working on this project. :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted January 16, 2006 - 05:34 PM

Pics? I wanna see this set up :applause:

• WildRide

Posted January 16, 2006 - 06:00 PM

Simple solution, but I probably would not have thought of it if I was not drinking while working on this project. :applause:

The wonders of alcohol!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.