Trip meter (odometer)

4 replies to this topic
  • MichaelAngelo

Posted September 08, 2001 - 06:28 PM

Hey all, anyone have their odometer quit working. Mine stopped at 429mi. I took it apart and the cable is fine. It is a mystery. I tried to take apart the unit itself, but was unsuccessful. Is it possible to use the cable and wheel interface for a speedo? Just a thought.

• MichaelAngelo

Posted September 12, 2001 - 05:37 AM

Well perhaps this is not a subject of interest to the forum. Ok, is this a subtle way of saying ...check the archives? In any case I will do just that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Jason

Posted September 12, 2001 - 06:22 AM

Check that cable again. Some times they break but still turn by hand untill you put em in the hole and there is drag on it. Try to chuck a small drill bit and put it in the o meter and spin it. A speedo would work but would not be calibrated to the bike unless you got it off a bike with the same size front wheel. Even then you may want to doubble check the accuracy. There are electronic enduro computers that have all the bells and whistles, I forget who makes em though.

• MichaelAngelo

Posted September 12, 2001 - 02:58 PM

Thanks Jason

• mxchamps

Posted September 12, 2001 - 07:32 PM

Don't feel too bad. Now you have an excuse to get a nicer speedo. I got a trail tech speedometer from and it has been a lot of fun. It shows a lot more than trip distance. It cost 65 bucks I think. Well worth it!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.