Yz Tank???

2 replies to this topic
  • SLOSupermoto

Posted January 16, 2006 - 11:31 AM

I am currently buttoning up the finishing touches on the rebuild/restoration of my 99 wr400 streetmotard. But I want to make it look better/ more streamlined, my camel hump of a tank and seat are the ugly originals and after 7 years on the trail (sh*t that's old :cry: ) it's pretty obvious that there battered and bruised.

So here's the question, will a stock yz 426 tank fit on my bike, I know it's got a small capacity, and I'll have to change the seat (thank god :cry:, time for something taller/softer ). But do the dimensions, bolts, and shrouds line up. I'm not planning on any distance riding (wrong bike to do it on), I just want to tear up my city streets in here in SLO (San Luis Obispo), and look good while doing it :applause: .

Oh yeah, does any one know how many miles can be pulled from the yz 426 tank :bonk: , I know this question may be better suited on the YZ forum :cry: .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goodluckmonkey

Posted January 16, 2006 - 12:36 PM

our WR426's got the YZ tank and seat in the UK.

The yz bits are a straight swap onto a YZ 400/426

Oh, and about 80 miles to a tank on the road, goes down to about 50 on the trails, and about 35ish when i'm racing.

• rockieman

Posted January 16, 2006 - 03:04 PM

I have a 99 WR that I put an IMS YZ seat and tank on, everything matched up fine. I did have to re-route the fuel line however, the petcock on the YZ (it is a YZ tank, not WR) tank is on the clutch side of the bike unlike the WR. I never rode my bike with the stock WR seat/tank.....I was convinced it needed to go by all the reviews I read.
Good luck

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.