MCarp, you were absolutely correct.

3 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted September 08, 2001 - 08:40 AM

Mike,
I am going on a Turkey Run, dual sport ride Sunday, 9/9. There is to be a sound check on all bikes. Today I pulled the silencer and found nearly 60% of the packing gone! A friend went to the hardware store for me (he is also taking my son, Adam, to the "Big M Supper Club"...McDonalds) to grab me some rivets. I have yet to test ride my bike, but I will update this when the results are in.
Just thought you may be interrested. I am really toying w/ puting the FHP needle back into my bike, now that I removed the adjustable air screw...

Just tried the bike. It has a fair boost in bottom end, and is no longer popping on decel. It is more quiet as is expected.

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

[This message has been edited by NH Kevin (edited September 08, 2001).]

• Bill

Posted September 08, 2001 - 12:52 PM

What about the popping on accelleration? Have you found some of the lost power?

Bill :)

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, de-octopussed (Thanks Clark) EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ, 100PAJ and 65 SJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted September 12, 2001 - 06:35 AM

Kevin-

That's good news! Did this make up any more lost power in other areas of the powerband?

I'm guessing, no, just the low end as backpressure and low-rpm performance work hand in hand.

I am surprised, though! Didn't think you really had that many miles on that exhaust, either.

Is the header still leaking? That will rop HP as well. Mine is currently leaking just a tad, need to fix that with SS tape

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 12, 2001 - 07:21 AM

According to the packing people, it should be changed every 5 hours. I had 4 days of all day Moab riding on it, plus several, multi hour, local rides.

Low end is better, and the carb seems happier.

In another post, I mention how I just yesterday, put my jetting the way it was at Bill's house, w/ the exception of the adjustable air screw (FHP #5). Test ride is tonight.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.