white bros E-series

9 replies to this topic
  • jrcgaf364

Posted January 15, 2006 - 07:18 AM

I did a search on this and read some good iinfo ....let me get this strait. if i run less discs w/out the spark arrestor plate it will be quieter? Right now im just running it open . and its loud as F*&k. i dont know as i particularly like that

• BC61

Posted January 15, 2006 - 06:49 PM

without the spark arrestor plate it doesn't matter how many disc you use, it's a straight pipe.

• YZ400FPower

Posted January 15, 2006 - 07:01 PM

i hate that pipe!.just old........go with fmf! they invented the powercore4 series because of the yz400f

• jrcgaf364

Posted January 15, 2006 - 07:02 PM

i didnt ask if you liked it did i i ask a question on th epipe not your opinion. i personaly like it.

• YZ400FPower

Posted January 15, 2006 - 07:07 PM

ok..............just sayin.........srry man

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dsconstructs

Posted January 16, 2006 - 06:53 AM

I'm currently running the e series on my 426 that was on the bike when I bought it. I have the spark arrestor and 2 plates and it tested at 95 decibels. It had all 12 plates on there when I got it and was LOUD. It certainly changed/lost some performance by removing that many plates. I have a 450 auto decomp cam on it's way and after that I'll take another look at my pipe set up and may possibly change it. I just know it sure ran stronger when it was more opened up with the 12 plates on there.

• yzkid999

Posted January 16, 2006 - 07:23 AM

that pipe is loud as I don't know what.

• BC61

Posted January 16, 2006 - 09:48 AM

I have the spark arrestor and 2 plates and it tested at 95 decibels.

How did it run with only two plates?

I dropped down to 8 from 10 hoping to make it a little quieter and it made the bike hesitant in the lower rpm with a fast throttle twist.

• jrcgaf364

Posted January 16, 2006 - 09:52 AM

it runs beautiful with no plates......i just dont want to lose the performance. It runs great. if i put more plates on is it gonna need to be re-jetted

• dsconstructs

Posted January 16, 2006 - 01:55 PM

How did it run with only to plates?

I dropped down to 8 from 10 hoping to make it a little quieter and it made the bike hesitant in the lower rpm with a fast throttle twist.

Basically, it seemed to neuter some of the low rpms' power. Made the mid rpm hit feel like it came on stronger. I took care of some of it with fuel mixture screw. Otherwise it runs well enough that I won't finish trying to tune it any better until after I change exhaust cams and then likely just change out exhaust anyway. I want to keep it plenty quiet but two plates and the SA on this muffler just seems to be choking the bike.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.