2 replies to this topic
  • beakr

Posted January 14, 2006 - 07:03 PM

Just a quick word of appreciation for Thumpertalk and all you guys for your helpful posts. I just finished my 1st valve check / adjustment (500 miles on my '04). I needed to adjust all five valves--two were right on the tight limit so I adjusted them while I was at it. Without the helpful info and pictures on this database, I wouldn't have had the guts to tackle the adjustment myself. And wonder of all wonders, when I put it all back together----IT STARTED UP AND RAN FINE! :applause:

I have sure benefited from all you guys' experience in terms of mods, jetting, suspension, input on accessories, tires, dual-sporting my bike, and of course, saving money by not having the dealer do all the maintenance. :bonk:

Thumpertalk is what it is because of a great group of people who love to ride and who take the time to share what they know. :cry:

Thanks, guys! GROUP HUG! ( :cry: Yuck--just kidding.)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pkcof

Posted January 14, 2006 - 09:18 PM

Just a word of warning from the local Yamaha dealer in Australia regarding this ... (who probably stands to lose a few service $$ from the DIY's). Be sure to follow the correct tightening procedure on the cams after adjusting the clearences as doing this incorrectly could result in excessive and premature wear - hope this helps !

• CycleWriter

Posted January 14, 2006 - 10:28 PM

Wow! All five after only 500 miles? I have over 1200 miles on my '04 WR450 and I just checked them last week and all were still within spec. :applause: This place is pretty awesome, isn't it? :bonk:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.