1994 XR650L THe GoOd THe BAd The uGLy

5 replies to this topic
  • chrisbradley44

Posted January 14, 2006 - 06:39 PM

I am looking at a 94' XR650L. Does anyone have opinions on this mid 90s model. I am just looking to get it for street and very minor trails. I have a YZ250F for my dirt fun. Going to use to save on gas so I actually have money to race the YZ. Also what do you think a good price is for it. Its not mint by any means, but looks not to be beaten to death with 10,000 miles Thanks

• Hayden

Posted January 15, 2006 - 07:46 AM

The 94 is the same as a 2005. Nothing changes on these bikes. Mine came with a corbin, new chain and sprockets, and a full WB pipe. Also had handguards and bars. 6k miles and I paid $2,500. Its a rock solid bike that is easy to work on. Valve adjustments are cake. I took all the shocks off of mine when I got it and had them rebuilt. Dont know if it needed it but I was heading to Moab for a week so didnt want to take a chance. Lots of mods to do if you want and everyone carries parts since the bike has been around for so long. If you have no need to go 100mph across the desert, its a great bike.

95 KLX 650C
02 Dakar
03 BMW 1100S BCR

• roadcam

Posted January 15, 2006 - 08:38 AM

due to its age, I shouldnt think it would go for more than $1500, IF it runs well, ... just an uneducated guess ...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted January 15, 2006 - 03:38 PM

i paid 2000 for my baby...... http://www.thumperta...ehicle&vid=2215

so if that tells ya anything.

Posted January 15, 2006 - 09:19 PM

If the oil and filters were maintained it is probably fine. My L has about 10,000 miles on it also and is still very solid.

Posted January 16, 2006 - 02:40 PM

I paid $2100 for my 94 last fall. I had never owned a thumper before (unless you count the 1948 Cushman scooter I had in High School). I've been very pleased. It had 8,000 miles and had some scratches, etc. I'm an old guy and ride like the grandpa I am. I get 50 MPG and the liability only insurance costs me $40 per year. It's almost as much fun as the V-Strom but in a different way.
Buy the Bike.

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.