wileyco exhaust. any good?

37 replies to this topic
  • timothypg

Posted January 23, 2006 - 01:17 PM

:thumbsup: just put it on. fit good. had to file the slot's on the strap so bolt would fit , got a bolt a little longer and used a nut between to take up the extra space. gonna go fire it up now and see how it soundsPosted Image :bonk:

• timothypg

Posted January 23, 2006 - 02:21 PM

sounds good. a little quieter than stock but i had that all drilled out. sounds deeper though. power seems to be just fine, hard to tell with ice on the roads. were there was dry pavement i gave it some gas and the front end comes up easy as pie. now on to 628 bore. also jetting seems fine. tim

• HondaRules

Posted January 23, 2006 - 03:07 PM

Is that an '86 XR600 with dual carbs? Are you the one that stole that from me as well :bonk: Just messing with ya, but I did have one for a few years and then it was stolen from me back in '90 :thumbsup: Awesome bike!

• kelleyseiler

Posted January 23, 2006 - 03:16 PM

I got the second to last available...so some lucky fool snagged the last one. It's gonna be a race as to who gets theirs first, as I ordered a day after Timothy but since the guy ships from Oregon and I'm in NorCal, we'll see. I'll post pics when I get it.

Ryan let me know how your install goes. And post a pic with and without your side cover, for reference purposes of course!

• supaflyryan

Posted January 23, 2006 - 03:16 PM

Mine came today as well. I'll hold off posting pics unless someone wants me to.

I was amazed for paying $115 to my door, I got the beautiful pipe, very clean adapter pipe, fancy hose clamp, gasket, stainless allen bolts, and strap as well as 2 stickers, a pin, a leather keychain, a T-shirt, and a hat!

Install was easy, I didn't have any problems with the strap as tim did, but I have a 650L if that was the difference.

Haven't ridden it yet because I have to install the new carb as well, but it sounds a lot better. Not too loud, but a nice deep mellow tone. Sounds just like my buddy's SV650 with a Yosh pipe. I noticed the air flowing out the tip was a lot more forcefull, which shows better flow.

Conclusion: If these pop up on eBay again and you have a stock pipe...Get one!!!

• kelleyseiler

Posted January 23, 2006 - 03:25 PM

Supafly do you think I will HAVE to rejet the carb?

• timothypg

Posted January 23, 2006 - 03:33 PM

it is an 86. been sitting for about 7 yrs. and yes it is awesome, 56mm of carburation to work with. when it get's bored to 628 i should be able to put a pretty good amount of gas into the cylinder. mega thump. sorry to hear about your's. i don't worry to much because i don't think your average low life thief would be able to start it, maybe even break a leg on a kickback, hopefully.

• supaflyryan

Posted January 23, 2006 - 03:45 PM

Here's some pics as requested:

The pipe as it sits in the box. Looks good!
Posted Image

All the other stuff that came with it.
Posted Image

...Installed! No install pics because it just goes together super easy.
Posted Image

All done. Much better than the matte black turd that was hanging off before!
Posted Image

• supaflyryan

Posted January 23, 2006 - 03:49 PM

I doubt you'll have to rejet, but the risk you would be running is too lean of a mixture, which could in turn overheat the motor. XR's Only sells an oil temp dipstick for $40 that you should get for your bike anyway, and that way you can keep an eye on the temp until you are able to rejet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kelleyseiler

Posted January 23, 2006 - 05:56 PM

I doubt you'll have to rejet, but the risk you would be running is too lean of a mixture, which could in turn overheat the motor. XR's Only sells an oil temp dipstick for $40 that you should get for your bike anyway, and that way you can keep an eye on the temp until you are able to rejet.

Thanks Supafly for your help!

• kelleyseiler

Posted January 29, 2006 - 06:12 AM

[B] :thumbsup: Put my new and might I say extremly nice looking exhaust on. Went on very easily with no problems just as supaflyryan said. The sound is just great 100% better than stock. The power increase is dramatic also! Thanks for the headsup on the pipe on ebay! :thumbsup: :bonk:

• timothypg

Posted January 29, 2006 - 10:17 AM

i'am also very happy with mine. just today i was able to go up 1 more size main jet, also opened up the air box even more. holy smokes!!!. almost pulled it over going into second. kind of scared me :bonk: front end comes up EASILY IN 3RD all this and the roads are wet. :thumbsup: not bad for a 20 year old big heavy pig. alot of extra power for $ 115.00 ex. and $10.00 jets. tim

• supaflyryan

Posted January 30, 2006 - 12:48 AM

I am happy with mine as well after riding for a few days. I have Dave's Carb Mods done and along with the exhaust I went to a UNI pod filter instead, and was able to stuff the electrical things inside the airbox. I'm very happy with the power the bike is pulling now.

• kelleyseiler

Posted February 12, 2006 - 06:53 AM

Heres a link to see installed wileyco. http://photobucket.c...8/kelleyseiler/
click on modifications :thumbsup:

• bork

Posted February 12, 2006 - 07:49 AM

Great score guys!!! I'm gonna keep my head up. So do you think the sound is within decibles of stock ? any ratings ? I do dual sport rides, and a sound check is a must with an expensive tool at 3,000ish rpm. Need to be 92 db or less.

• timothypg

Posted February 12, 2006 - 08:04 AM

hi bork. i have not had a test but it sounds pretty quiet to me, deeper. sounds good.i would say it is no louder than stock. i'am very happy with it.

• bork

Posted February 12, 2006 - 06:22 PM

timothypg, tried to send a pm to ya but no window ??? I'm a former cheese head too. & know what reminders are. hahehehe :thumbsup:

• kelleyseiler

Posted February 14, 2006 - 11:47 AM

Here is a better pic. :thumbsup:
http://i43.photobuck...yTrailsRack.jpg

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.