Turning 650r heavy front end

3 replies to this topic
  • Fordskin

Posted January 14, 2006 - 01:38 AM

I ride the bike on hard packed dirt with a mixture of large and small rocks{very slippery] and it seems to make the front end of my bike want to give underneath me. I nearly have to mount the handle bars with my groin and come to a stop to get it to turn. I feel i could get this bike to go pretty quick in the tight trails if i could only get it to turn. Any helping hints would be great. It also does'nt help with an abrupt stock carb.

• jim1234

Posted January 14, 2006 - 04:44 AM

You have to tell yourself to stay on the gas. If you stay on the gas it will turn

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted January 14, 2006 - 06:49 AM

Ditto to what Jim said. These bikes thrive on momentum. When you want to crawl, the bike doesn't. Try moving your fork tubes a few mm's up in the clamp. This will help you turn but will offset some high speed stability. Always a give and take...

• frankstr

Posted January 14, 2006 - 06:54 AM

Exactly what Jim & Tim said,Stay on the gas and keep her moving,she'll go.. :applause:

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 1 reply

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  40 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.