Grr... screwed up front fork.

5 replies to this topic
  • GixRider

Posted January 13, 2006 - 05:52 PM

I'm half way done disassembling my front fork so I can change the fork seal. As I'm draining the oil out, I forgot to hold onto the damper rod(I think that's the correct name). Next thing I know it slides out and bends into a nice S shape. :applause: :bonk: After cleaning up the mess and kicking a couple things like a mature adult would do, I start looking online for the part. Maybe I'm not looking at the right fiche but I don't see just the inner damper rod. Can anybody point me in the right direction or give me a part number? It's for a 2000 426. The only part I see is the whole compression assembly for $202 on TT store. Not exactly what I want to pay for just an 1/8" solid aluminum rod.

• mxis4me

Posted January 13, 2006 - 06:15 PM

id try a popular suspension shop like factory connection,pro circuit or rg3 maybe they could hook you up with one , or at least tell u what u could use in place of it or where to find 1 . good luck !!!!!!!!!! i lost a air bleed screw and u had to buy the whole fork cap to get it ?! i found one though

• Matt96xr6

Posted January 13, 2006 - 06:48 PM

You sure it is not the rebound rod that you are talking about? Really thin like 1/16" diameter

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GixRider

Posted January 13, 2006 - 07:21 PM

I have no clue what the name of the part is. Unfortunately the online fiche does not show the part. It's the inner most rod that will come out freely when you turn the fork upside down. :applause:

I just measured it, the diameter is .156"

• Matt96xr6

Posted January 13, 2006 - 08:06 PM

rebound adjustment rod.

Check with some suspension shops.

• jrcgaf364

Posted January 14, 2006 - 12:19 AM

I would go to yamaha of trou website they have a decent microfishe(i think i spelled it right) you should be able to find what your looking for

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.