XRL E-series pipe question

13 replies to this topic
  • Hitorq

Posted January 13, 2006 - 09:16 AM

Has anyone that is running an E-series pipe on their XRL had any issues with heat under the air box? I ask because the stock pipe uses a small heat shield where the pipe runs under the box, and the e-series does not. :applause:

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

• drtlvr

Posted January 14, 2006 - 10:22 AM

no problems with the air box,but it will discolor your fender,check out my pics in the garage you might beable to see the yellowing affect

• HondaXR650L

Posted January 14, 2006 - 04:01 PM

Yea, it has actually melted a little of my fender. So, what? I just made a little heat shield, and it works just fine. :applause: Just take a pipe fitter and give a coupling a little tweek.

• Motosprtman

Posted January 15, 2006 - 08:08 AM

but! what is the best pipe of the follwoing two I am thinking of purchasing for my beast! the XR's only complete exhasut system, White Brothers, or the BIG GUN, keep in mind I want my cake and be able to eat it too, that is not real loud and a gain in HP to compliment the rejetting / snorke and smog removal.

• Hitorq

Posted January 15, 2006 - 10:11 AM

I was just a little concerned about the airbox, but it sounds as there is no problem there. I have ordered a deflector to save the fender. Thanks again for the help.

• goblin127

Posted January 15, 2006 - 11:05 AM

XRs only! Heavy duty stainless system. You can get a quiet core for it if it's to loud. This thing's not going to fall apart on you. Weld's are good and no rivit's. You get what you pay for with this system period.

• Motosprtman

Posted January 15, 2006 - 05:10 PM

Yup that is what I think to and will probably opt for the XR's only setup, what kind of power increase is it over etock?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted January 15, 2006 - 07:07 PM

To hard to say ,but what it does gain will be up on top.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted January 15, 2006 - 07:27 PM

no problems with the air box,but it will discolor your fender,check out my pics in the garage you might beable to see the yellowing affect

yep, my fender looks the same.

• GIANTac1

Posted January 15, 2006 - 08:58 PM

My rear fender is a little melted and crusty. No big deal. I am glad I added the can to my bike! BRRRAAAPPPPP! :applause:

• HondaRules

Posted January 15, 2006 - 09:45 PM

Has anyone that is running an E-series pipe on their XRL had any issues with heat under the air box? I ask because the stock pipe uses a small heat shield where the pipe runs under the box, and the e-series does not. :applause:

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

you managed to find one that fits eh :bonk: LOL Upon the return, I matched it up to an XR650R..so if anyone is interested in a brand new E-Seires for their R, give me a holler.

• Hitorq

Posted January 16, 2006 - 05:36 PM

you managed to find one that fits eh :applause: LOL Upon the return, I matched it up to an XR650R..so if anyone is interested in a brand new E-Seires for their R, give me a holler.

Yeah, picked one up used, had to fix a weld, and repack it. Pretty simple. We'll see how it works. I have the rear torn apart and am changing out swingarm bearings and regreasing linkages...

• HondaRules

Posted January 17, 2006 - 07:14 AM

Cool. If you manage to find another beat up used one for dirt cheap, let me know :thumbsup:

• Hitorq

Posted January 17, 2006 - 02:59 PM

Cool. If you manage to find another beat up used one for dirt cheap, let me know :thumbsup:

Will do.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.