who uses roll chart holders ?

3 replies to this topic
  • bork

Posted January 13, 2006 - 05:44 AM

On ebay, when searching in "route chart holder" , only one comes up. They claim to be making for 20 odd years. Any one use these? Durable for crashes, watertight ? and big enough for big scroll without binding?

• jim1234

Posted January 13, 2006 - 06:53 AM

I have one,as with most rollcharts you have to tape the top on. I've seen a rollchart with a bolt on top , I think it was like 60.00. The chart on ebay feeds the paper ok. Here's the link to the other one . It's a bit spendy . They're nice though ,and are a sponsor of tt.

http://www.ptenduro....alum_chart.html

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cheff

Posted January 13, 2006 - 12:25 PM

I have one, I had to drill some holes and use some bolts to hold the cover on. Used some silicone to seal it. It is now water proof as well.

• zodran

Posted January 13, 2006 - 04:49 PM

I've got one from back in my enduro days, used it a few times on organized dual sport rides. A good practice is to run scotch tape the full length of the scroll on the back in case it does get wet.
I like to use a heavy rubber band or o-ring stretched between the knobs to keep tension on the scroll. That keeps me from having to wind up slack and find the place you thought you left it at.
I just duct tape the cover on. My buddy used to have one with a magnifying lens back in the day. :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.