YZ timing on WR question, Cam question

3 replies to this topic
  • steve lemley

Posted January 12, 2006 - 10:02 PM

I took the cover off the cams to adjust the timing to a yz set up and I noticed that on the top of each cam bearing tower there is the number 21 hand scribed into each tower. The timing doesent look like its been adjusted yet but are there aftermarket cams on my bike? :applause: Does this "21" mean anything to anyone. Just want to find out before I go ahead and adjust the timing. Thanks. :bonk:

• xr_man

Posted January 13, 2006 - 01:26 AM

If the cams look like yam ones ...with the pressed on wheels, and no adjustment ...then there probably standard ones :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Punisher660

Posted January 13, 2006 - 09:14 AM

what is the setup to convert a WR to YZ timing? Is it the same a the YFZ, move the exhaust cam 1 tooth back? :applause:

• steve lemley

Posted January 13, 2006 - 10:07 AM

One tooth forward. clock wise...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.