Crate Bikes??

12 replies to this topic
  • motojoe73

Posted January 12, 2006 - 09:39 PM

Has anyone had any expirience ordering a bike from Motorcycle Brokers.com? I can't seem to get any dealers to budge on the price of a 2006 YZ 450...retail (6,899) + freight and setup!! Motorcycycle Brokers sells em for $6,400 flat, that includes shipping! Anyone found one cheaper in Oregon or SW Washington?

• TeamScream

Posted January 12, 2006 - 11:55 PM

Has anyone had any expirience ordering a bike from Motorcycle Brokers.com? I can't seem to get any dealers to budge on the price of a 2006 YZ 450...retail (6,899) + freight and setup!! Motorcycycle Brokers sells em for $6,400 flat, that includes shipping! Anyone found one cheaper in Oregon or SW Washington?

I am not looking for a new bike yet , but I have purchased from motorcycle brokers and they are flawless as a company.
Delivery was flawless, Zack did exactly what he said he would do.
Buy from him.

• mikus89

Posted January 13, 2006 - 10:29 AM

I bought a bike from them in 2003 and had no troubles at all. You will get a Canadian spec bike (maybe different tires and jetting than a U.S. model) and the customs paperwork. It's up to you to take the sales receipts and stuff to get a U.S. title.
I will say I'm waiting for my yellow 2006 YZF450 from them now. I've had my deposit down since November and am getting tired of waiting. Zach at IMB said "We have no idea" on a delivery date the last time I e-mailed. They might have the blue 450's available now, but I'm not sure.
It's not a bad way to go for a bike. The only extra hassle will be getting the title.

Mike

• riderman329

Posted January 13, 2006 - 01:53 PM

damn you guys got screwed i got my 06 450 blue yesterday in ohio at honda east for $6099

• PK

Posted January 14, 2006 - 06:07 AM

"damn you guys got screwed i got my 06 450 blue yesterday in ohio at honda east for $6099"

Riderman, did you pay the shipping to get the bike to your house? Honda East said they don't sell bikes at that price to locals, that's their internet price.

Anyway, Motorcycle brokers ship their bikes from Seattle so if your not too far from Seattle, you could probably meet them at the shipping facility and save the cost of shipping also. The only problem I have heard from Motorcycle Brokers is when he is told he'll have bikes by a certain date and he passes that to his customers and then for one reason or another, he doesn't get his bikes when promised. I understand he is a stand up dude and when I have talked to him, he is straightforward, no BS.

• DPW

Posted January 14, 2006 - 06:33 AM

damn you guys got screwed i got my 06 450 blue yesterday in ohio at honda east for $6099

...another look how cool I am post... :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted January 14, 2006 - 06:48 AM

The only extra hassle will be getting the title.

Just curious, why do you need a title for an off-road motorcycle? All off-road motorcycles regardless of where they come from should have a certificate of origin. I would think that would be good enough in most cases. Especially if you are going to be riding/racing on a closed course. Obviously if you are going to license it and ride on the street that is a different case. Maybe a diff in laws between Wash & Indiana???

• riderman329

Posted January 26, 2006 - 11:02 AM

yep, i'm too cool for you!!! jk!!!

nope we went down from michigan to telodo to pick the bike up it's only a 1.5 hour drive

only extra was the paper work and title!

up here in michigan they wanted 6599 plus tax, title, and paper work!!!

• sirthumpalot

Posted January 26, 2006 - 03:56 PM

I really like the idea of ordering a bike and receiving it still in the crate. Just to be clear; are the bikes all canadian spec bikes, or does Motorcycle Brokers also carry US spec bikes?

• mcgvr86

Posted January 26, 2006 - 09:31 PM

I like the sound of that too. It would eliminate anyone from messing up on the assembly.

When I picked up my '05 vmax, I watched the service guys struggle to put the battery in, and in the process they stripped out one of the bolt holes that holds the coil packs on! :bonk: :thumbsup:

If its in the crate the last person to touch it would have been at the factory. They put so many bikes together, I doubt they would screw up.

dave

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 26, 2006 - 10:18 PM

Just curious, why do you need a title for an off-road motorcycle?

Here in Montana to ride a bike on any public lands, Forrest Service, BLM, ect, you need to have an 'off road decal' which requires a title.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted January 27, 2006 - 12:20 PM

i got my 06 yz450f SE from www.generationmx.com and they have great prices and the service is awesome.. i got the bike in a week when it came in. i also got my 04 yz250f from them, both bikes have been perfect.

• dangwartz

Posted January 28, 2006 - 07:23 AM

Thumpertalk wholesales, too. I haven't used them. Try this link.
http://oem.thumpertalk.com/

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.