Kicking through w/o decompression lever?

5 replies to this topic
  • Derik Tate

Posted January 12, 2006 - 07:16 PM

02 WR426 I am experiencing kicking through without decomp lever. But when its warmed up it feels like there is pressure there :applause: . I have never checked any valves, :bonk: is it time or is there something else wrong. Please help. By the way it still runs like a bat out of hell.

• jbrooks26

Posted January 12, 2006 - 08:31 PM

I would start with the valve clearances, check the decompression mechanism while you are in there. Mine is in a similar situation, but currently I have the head off of it and the cylinder will be pulled tomarrow. Keep us updated, hope this helps.

Josh

• 1slowyj

Posted January 13, 2006 - 07:42 AM

I have a '01 YZ426F, if I can kick it without the decomp lever, it is time to adjust the vavles. Hot or cold.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted January 13, 2006 - 09:19 AM

I have a '01 YZ426F, if I can kick it without the decomp lever, it is time to adjust the vavles. Hot or cold.

I would say its time to replace the valves.

• JSanfilippo

Posted January 13, 2006 - 04:19 PM

02 WR426 I am experiencing kicking through without decomp lever. But when its warmed up it feels like there is pressure there :applause: . I have never checked any valves, :cry: is it time or is there something else wrong. Please help. By the way it still runs like a bat out of hell.

You shouldn't be able to kick through w/o the decomp lever without braking your foot. It sounds like your top end is about to take a shit on you :bonk:

• Derik Tate

Posted January 14, 2006 - 04:07 PM

I checked my valves today and my exhaust was perfect and the intake was way to tight. I Had to shim down to get clearance. I Still can kick through. I started it and went for a test ride and it still runs like a MO FO. Well i guess i can expect to rebuild top end :bonk: . One more ride to Chadwick on the 21st then she will get some pampering. I got to say that this is the best damn bike i ever owned, but i have my eye on a 06 450. Thanks :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.