DSP titanium for a YZ-426

4 replies to this topic
  • Shwantz34

Posted January 12, 2006 - 06:47 PM

Anyone have ever try a DSP Titanium pipe for a YZ-426. Is it beter than the stock one ? Is a good quality procuct. If you have ever try that , please let me know.

• Wyatt

Posted January 12, 2006 - 07:14 PM

Probably a good system for the 426. I have never tried one, but that was the pipe that the Yamaha factory bikes used back in '01 and also '02 i think.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted January 13, 2006 - 06:00 AM

Anyone have ever try a DSP Titanium pipe for a YZ-426. Is it beter than the stock one ? Is a good quality procuct. If you have ever try that , please let me know.

DSP made great pipes - much better than stock - it was a quality product - DSP was split up and the carbon Fiber side was purchased by litespeed I believe. There is no more DSP pipes - WB may have the DSP pipe builder or know where they ended up -

• Pincushion

Posted January 13, 2006 - 09:34 AM

I used to have the DSP Ti system on my 2000. It certainly let the motor rev out much further than stock, but bottom end suffered. It had a huge diameter head/mid pipe and the silencer was pretty much for looks. It was a loud, free-flowing open system with a helluva mid/top punch. It also dented easier than tin foil.

My biggest complaint was the weak mounting clamp. Posted Image

• rsstom

Posted January 13, 2006 - 02:16 PM

I still have one on a YZ400. Just like Doug Henry.
I never had any issues like pincushion did. He's right, though, it's loud!
Excellent performance, especially mid to top.
It was rumored that those DSP pipes were made for them by Yosh. I have a friend at Yosh and she says that's not true. But if you'd look at both pipes together, you'd think "hmmmmmm."
I wadded mine up and repaired it except for the mid pipe. A Yosh Ti mid pipe slipped in with a couple mods.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.