Where is this damn grey wire at?

11 replies to this topic
  • steve lemley

Posted January 12, 2006 - 06:18 PM

I want to cut the grey wire and have the bike torn apart. I cant find a grey wire anywhere. The only one I see comes out of the CDI and down the right side of the frame and right befroe the carb branches out of the main loom and starts its own loom with a black wire. This is short and comes to its own plug for disconnecting. Is this it? Where is this bad boy, does it go to the CDI or the stator??? Thanks...

• John M62

Posted January 12, 2006 - 06:50 PM

what year bike is it? there was a good thred on TT which had pictures for different year bikes.

• bluesbrother

Posted January 12, 2006 - 06:52 PM

IF YOUR BIKE IS A 05 OR NEWER TAKE OFF THE SEAT & TANK ,AT THE TOP OF THE FRAME THERE SHOULD BE A SIX WIRE PLUG THE GREY WIRE IS IN THIS PLUG . BE SURE TO CUT SO THERE IS A LITTLE EXTRA ON EACH END AND TAPE THE ENDS REALY WELL. DON'T PULL THE WIRE OUT BECAUSE IT KEEPS THE OTHER WIRES FROM GETTING WET. :applause:

• FOZZ

Posted January 12, 2006 - 06:59 PM

Here is some LARGE pics of the mod on my 06 WR450 - I filled the hole with silicone..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• John M62

Posted January 12, 2006 - 07:02 PM

here is the link I was talking abouthttp://www.thumperfaq.com/gray_wire.htm

• steve lemley

Posted January 12, 2006 - 09:58 PM

The bikes a 99... Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moondogger

Posted January 13, 2006 - 12:05 AM

Here is some LARGE pics of the mod on my 06 WR450 - I filled the hole with silicone..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great pics Fozz! Wish I had those when I pulled my grey wire.

• gregwr450f

Posted January 13, 2006 - 01:55 AM

The bikes a 99... Thanks

99 wont have a grey wire.

• steve lemley

Posted January 13, 2006 - 07:48 AM

Huh Are you sure the 99 doesent have this grey wire????????

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 13, 2006 - 09:19 AM

My 99 wr had a grey wire......... But it was so long ago I can't remember where it was except on the right side of the frame under the gas tank. A six pin conector ,I think......
Jim

• steve lemley

Posted January 13, 2006 - 10:06 AM

I found it. Its actully on the right side of the tank but its not in the 6 pin plug. Its in the two pin plug right under the 6 pin out coming out of the CDI. Solid grey and solid black wires.

• tcmII

Posted January 15, 2006 - 07:27 PM

As I understand it all USA WRs have the grey wire. My 98 WR had the grey wire in the two pin connector. I pushed the pin out of the connector, folded it back and taped the wire and connector to protect it from water.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.