EKN Needle

6 replies to this topic
  • Brett_Green

Posted September 06, 2001 - 09:42 PM

I'm desperate to do some 'carb fiddling' this weekend cause I'm not at work next week and will really have chance to get it sorted.

Any of you helpful souls got the Yamaha Part# for the EKN needle ('99 WR)??

Also, I read that some people have used the EVP on the '99 bike. Thoughts and comments on the best choice???

• Taffy

Posted September 07, 2001 - 12:10 AM

there is nothing in it between the EKP and the EKN. if you can imagine carburation as a rolling hill within which 2, 3 or evn four needles will do. i have the EKP as does half the blokes on this site.

that last letter, as in _ _ N and _ _ P is the width of the needle at tickover basically. the straight bit!

• Brett_Green

Posted September 07, 2001 - 02:28 AM

Thanks for the info.

Where did you get the needle and do you have a part no. ????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted September 07, 2001 - 04:57 AM

Allens are it. full stop. don't look any further.

they are in the back of TBM. no e-mail address but call 01949 836733 or -4 to fax them. they are at Bingham, Notts.

thay don't need a yamaha part no just tell them what it is. if they can't get the one you want it's because yamaha had it made, but they had my EKP so...

• Brett_Green

Posted September 07, 2001 - 05:10 AM

Thanks Taffy

That's Allens Performance - I know them. Wish me luck.

• James_Dean

Posted September 07, 2001 - 05:53 AM

Do NOT get an EVP needle. The profile is the same but the taper starts too low. You will have to use the bottom clip and it still may be too lean.

Posted September 07, 2001 - 01:00 PM

James Dean,

I also would like the Part # for a 99 WR 400 going to YZ timing.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.