00/01 yzf426 clutch issue

No replies to this topic
  • crashyz426

Posted January 11, 2006 - 09:12 PM

I bought a 426 a couple of months ago. I was told it was a 2001 but it doesnt have a floating front rotor, or the nissin front brake master cylinder, not sure how to read the VIN. The problem Im having with the clutch is sometimes the clutch will just grab instead of gradually engaging. There is no pattern to this, sometimes it grabs sometimes it is smooth. Is this the 2000 clutch problem or does it just sound more like grooves in the basket. Im broke and have been putting a laminate floor in my house so I havent bothered taking the clutch cover off yet....or taking a link out of the chain, or putting in a new fork seal, or taking the steering head apart and checking the head bearing.....but Ill get around to them before the next ride. any thoughts on the clutch and the year of the bike? I bought it for $2100 and there was no scrathes on the plastic and NONE of the paint was wore off the frame so Im not really worried about it just would like to know. :applause:

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.