Git er done!

7 replies to this topic
  • Motosprtman

Posted January 11, 2006 - 06:41 PM

I am going to git r done - well doing it myself that is. I ordered the dynojet kit from Baja Designs today and am going to break down and rejet. I will of course remove the snorkle and am already running a foam uni and the smog junk is gone. I would like to also run and aftermarket pipe, I like the XR's only stainless header and silencer - or the BIG GUN? about the same in price but how about performance and loud, I don't want real loud...I like the quaility look of the XR's only setup, header etc... whatcha think? and oh! I am pretty much at sea level on Whidbey Island.... so what jetting should I run at first for the stock pipe and then later on for an aftermarket? Thanks in advance!!!

• roadcam

Posted January 11, 2006 - 07:43 PM

if they haven't changed the kit, your Dyna Jet will come with two mainjets ... use the smaller for stock exhaust, and the larger one for aftermarket ... also, you will read references in this forum, to mainjet sizes that are a few numbers off, from what you have ... DynaJet and Keihin number their jets slightly differently ... not to worry ... also, check out the Supertrapp IDS2 pipe, nice sound, not loud, adjustable, quality heavy-duty construction, good power gain, and cheaper than most others ...

• maddmickey

Posted January 11, 2006 - 07:47 PM

I would go with the xr's only over the big gun. I had a big gun for a while and sold it (for about half what I paid). I didnt like the way it fit, and I felt it lost too much bottom end torque. That is something to think about with a bigger header. I am verry satisfied with the stock header and the white bros e-series tip. I cant help on the jetting, I ride an R. Good luck on your project!! :applause:

• Motosprtman

Posted January 12, 2006 - 06:28 AM

Does the super trapp come as a system or just the silencer tip used with the stock header

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted January 12, 2006 - 07:05 AM

The supertrapp comes only as a slip on. I do have the XRs only stainless full comp. system (oval) on my L and this thing is bullet proof. This thing isn't going to rattle apart.When I was using my stock carb I used a 58 pilot and a 160 main. I ended up back with the stock needle shimed and that worked best. i'm at about 50ft.above sea level. Since I noticed you bought the dj kit you will need the larger of the two and your going to have to pick up a kehin pilot at the dealer series 22 if I remember.

• Wheels up

Posted January 12, 2006 - 07:18 AM

Xr's only exhaust and a hotcam. Do the carb. Drop the smog. Air filter.

Think it works good now...............

• Motosprtman

Posted January 12, 2006 - 10:22 AM

Xr's only exhaust and a hotcam. Do the carb. Drop the smog. Air filter.

doing the carb, done the somg removal, using a UNI air filter, need to desnorkle and I think I will go with the XR's only exhaust

• Wheels up

Posted January 12, 2006 - 10:50 AM

BUY A CAMSHAFT....best mod for that bike.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.