European '01 WR426 vs US '01 WR426

No replies to this topic
  • Stefe9999

Posted September 06, 2001 - 05:21 PM

From what I've gathered, there some interesting differences between these models. Euro's don't have the throttle stop or the grey wire, so out of the box, they should have more HP than the US versions. However, the Euro's have a sealed stainless steel "high-volume" stock exhaust that no-one seems to know too much about. I will say that if you like quiet, it is wonderful, the sealed exahust is probably quieter than my lawn mower.

This leaves the BK mod and airbox lid removal as the only free mods the Euro needs. I've replaced the "high-volume" exhaust with the stock US one and so far can't tell a *huge* difference (it's unplugged).

But, when I first got the bike, and joined TT, I couldn't understand why everybody wanted more more more out of it, mine was very powerful. I think it is obvious now, the grey wire and throttle stop seem to do A LOT!

Can't wait to get the BK done!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.