spedo mod with aftermarket mags

5 replies to this topic
  • supermoto450f

Posted January 11, 2006 - 09:01 AM

i got new marchesini mags for my 06 wr, they have no provision for the spedo, and they are several inches shorter than stock. is there any way to make the stock spedo work and be accurate? :applause:

• Matty05

Posted January 11, 2006 - 03:41 PM

No.
Get a trailtech computer, they use a bolt/pick up system off the brake disk.
Either that or gimme your mags!

• FOZZ

Posted January 11, 2006 - 08:16 PM

I just got Marchesinis for my 06 WR450 also - I have yet to mount them up as im still getting parts in..

Did you have any clearance problems getting them to fit ?

THANKS

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nothingleft

Posted January 12, 2006 - 11:14 AM

i got new marchesini mags for my 06 wr, they have no provision for the spedo, and they are several inches shorter than stock. is there any way to make the stock spedo work and be accurate? :applause:

YES
I looked in the manual and it has a function for changing your wheel / tire size in the computer. You can increase or decrease your rolling diameter in percentage to correct the speedo.

• OneToGo

Posted January 14, 2006 - 01:43 AM

What size rear wheel fits the 06 WR? Did you get a 5in or 4.25in rim?
Thanks

• FOZZ

Posted January 16, 2006 - 12:28 AM

I got a 5 in. Marchesini on my 06 WR450..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.