XRL: Kickstand extention..

8 replies to this topic
  • bluerock5

Posted January 11, 2006 - 07:02 AM

Since I've gone to the Tera-Flex - my bike on the kickstand leans over way too far - does anyone have an idea how to extend the kickstand length or is there an aftermarket kickstand that is longer, Thanks

• roadcam

Posted January 11, 2006 - 08:16 AM

weld it, paint it, ride it ... then, when you change to another tire, you can cut it, paint it , ride it ... :applause:

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted January 11, 2006 - 09:13 AM

Since I've gone to the Tera-Flex - my bike on the kickstand leans over way too far - does anyone have an idea how to extend the kickstand length or is there an aftermarket kickstand that is longer, Thanks

Might try something along these lines:

Drill and or drill/tap the "foot", then use a bolt cut flush with a nut on the bottom? Or nuts stacked on the bottom? Or reverse the bolt, stack nuts
on the bolt equal to the amount of extesion you desire, insert this assembly
up from the bottom of the foot, and secure it with a nut/lockwasher on the
top of the foot.

The whole setup can be adjustable, or utilze more than one bolt/nut assembly
of various sizes to adjust as you change/wear tires.

Just a thought... :applause: :bonk:

• ghoti

Posted January 11, 2006 - 01:49 PM

What? How tall is that thing? I have a 140/80 Karoo on my bike and it isn't a problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • scooter1100

Posted January 11, 2006 - 02:26 PM

I put a pad on my xrl for a 510 tire (and mounting in soft conditions), I stacked 3 plastic 1/4 inch sheets about 3x4 inches, with a cutout in the top one for the existing pad then bolted it on both sides with flush countersunk nuts on the bottom and large flat washers on top. It will come off if struck hard enough too. (safety first lol)
picture here

• XR650L_Dave

Posted January 12, 2006 - 09:31 AM

What? How tall is that thing? I have a 140/80 Karoo on my bike and it isn't a problem.

You have to see it to believe it.
Its worse if you have no sag just from the weight of the bike.

Dave

• chicagobikefan

Posted January 12, 2006 - 08:21 PM

Hey bluerock5 (or any other Tera-Flex user)... What size tera-flex did you put on? How does it ride on the street and in the dirt? What kind of wear are you getting from them? Would you recommend them?

• rkuckkahn

Posted January 13, 2006 - 08:56 AM

Scooter....where did you get the rear fender bag.....I like it. Good looking bike too.

Kick stand extension for me was aluminum...square channel wrapped in a piece of sheet aluminum using rivots and bolted to the foot of the stock kick stand.

• scooter1100

Posted January 13, 2006 - 06:15 PM

It's a msr XRL rear trunk, and yeah, I wasn't happy till I'd removed all the red from the bike....lol

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.