Just bought a WR 426

4 replies to this topic
  • 04WR450man

Posted January 11, 2006 - 02:12 AM

Hi,

I have just bought an '02 WR426 and was wondering if its nomal for the exhaust to glow red hot where it comes out of the head ?

If you start the bike from cold and let it idle for 10-15mins it will do it !

Also, I have seen alot of pics of the 426, some have a big tank and others have the yz smaller one like mine, have people fitted the smaller one or is it standard on the '02 bike?

Mnay thanks

Trev.

• Fizz

Posted January 11, 2006 - 02:51 AM

yes, perfectly normal!

search the forum if you want more info on the subject!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WISEHEAD

Posted January 11, 2006 - 01:24 PM

Why Would You Let A Highly Strung Motor Idle For 10-15 Minutes?

• ISBB

Posted January 11, 2006 - 03:07 PM

i dont let mine idle for more than 3 or 4 cuz thats all it takes to get that TI head pipe glowing..

• 04WR450man

Posted January 11, 2006 - 05:33 PM

Sorry, I should of said why it was idling for so long, this was when looked at the bike before I bought it, no intension of doing it in the future !

The guy reasured me it was normal and though i heard it before ! :applause:

I have spent hours searching for more info on the 426, everthing seems to be about the 250's or 450's, the bike has a YZ end can ( I think, says 'not for road use on the rear) I will check the gray wire tomorow but can anyone confirm that the gray wire mod is safe for the 426 on stock jetting etc?

Many thanks :bonk:

Trev.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.