'04 wr 450 won't start

5 replies to this topic
  • Gordyf

Posted January 07, 2006 - 06:16 PM

[COLOR=Blue]undefined[/COLOR]I was getting ready to ride and bike just stopped. Checked spark; plenty. Checked for bad gas; nope. Found out that fuel is not going into Carb, fuel valve is open. Anybody with any idea's. All I can think of is plugged jet somewhere.

• Stinson

Posted January 07, 2006 - 07:50 PM

if fuel is not going into the carb then thats pretty easy. There is only one way for gas to get into the carb. either you have vapor lock and your tank is not venting (which I doubt because you said you changed the gas which means you poped the top) or your petcock is clogged, not working, or fuel line is clogged. I doubt its any of those. I would guess that what you mean is that no fuel is getting into the carb bowl? In that case I would pull the carb and clean it out and blow air through all you jets and gally ways. That will prolly do it. Good Luck Stinson

• RichBaker

Posted January 08, 2006 - 01:38 PM

Did you try reserve position on the petcock?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gordyf

Posted January 08, 2006 - 02:14 PM

Yes, Fuel gets past the petcock until it is attached to Carb. Something is blocking it in Carb. All I can think of is to pull it and clean. I was trying not to pull it.

• new2blu

Posted January 10, 2006 - 05:50 PM

Check the float needle in the carb--sounds like it is sticking shut. Sometimes a light tap with the handle of a screwdriver on the fuel bowl will loosen it up.
After you do that close the petcock and drain the fuel bowl; then while the drain is open turn the petcock and see if fuel flows freely into whatever catch can you have. Hope this is helpful!

• charliep

Posted January 10, 2006 - 08:23 PM

If you open the drain on the bottom of the bowl and fuel does not flow out, it is probably your float since fuel is flowing from your petcock.

I had similar problem, float was stuck, bike would not start.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.