spokes?

10 replies to this topic
  • jjcmx05

Posted January 07, 2006 - 03:52 PM

Any one know if yzf and crf 450 rear spokes the same??? :applause:

• kawirider

Posted January 07, 2006 - 05:58 PM

Are you trying to use some CRF spokes or something?

• Hellbilly

Posted January 07, 2006 - 08:51 PM

It isn`t likely that they are the same but you could check part numbers in the RTT store on aftermarket spokes to see if they are the same.

• 450_rider

Posted January 07, 2006 - 10:51 PM

I think i remember reading on TT that they could both be used. Some guy needed one spoke and someone said he could use one off his crf.

• fowler175

Posted January 08, 2006 - 07:39 AM

I believe the deal is that you can't buy just one Yamaha spoke (unless your dealer will do it), but you CAN buy a single for honda. I too would like to know if they are the same.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted January 08, 2006 - 08:33 AM

Honda and Kawi sell the spokes and nipples as singles.

Really if you have the connection at the dealer the set is only like 40-50 bucks. Spokes and nipples.

I have almost a few times bought a set so that I can have some spares and then piece out the rest for situations like this. But most likely if you have one, there are more that are problems.

• RCannon

Posted January 08, 2006 - 11:03 AM

I cannot answer on the rear, but the fronts are the same on all full sized bikes since about 96.

• Matt96xr6

Posted January 08, 2006 - 03:17 PM

Well the spokes may work, but will be a bit long or short. Yamaha made a wider front hub in 02 and use a longer spoke set.

• jjcmx05

Posted January 11, 2006 - 12:00 PM

ty all was gone for a bit... I have a honda and a yamaha.. And i have set of OEM yamaha spokes on hand.. The honda got a few spokes riped out.. looks like i am going to have to try it!!!

• RCannon

Posted January 11, 2006 - 12:51 PM

Here is the odd thing. The white bros spoke set (front) I just bought listed as being ok for ALL CR, YZ's, YZF's and RM's. Perhaps the longer length was not much different.

Not that I am complaining. This makes the wheel building process much easier and cheaper!

• 642MX

Posted January 11, 2006 - 04:50 PM

They are the same spoke on the rear. The CRF and YZF interchange perfectly.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.