BK mod/Grey wire jealousy!!!!

7 replies to this topic
  • sirhk

Posted September 06, 2001 - 07:19 AM

Okay everyone out there, I'm riding a '99 YZ400. I'm jealous cause everyone with 2000 or newer YZ gets to do the BK Mod and everyone with a 2000 or newer WR gets to do the BK Mod and Grey wire and get all this hidden power for free!! Did Yamaha design my bike with no freeby cheats that I can use to get a little more power outta it? I want to tinker and drill holes in my carb and cut misc. wires to cause miracles and get more power outta my bike.

Alright I'm done now but seriously if anyone has any free power tips or really cheap ones that I juat obviously have over looked on TT let me know what to search for or do!!!
Khris

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"
"It's a Yellow 99' YZ400!!"

[This message has been edited by sirhk (edited September 06, 2001).]

• Greg_C

Posted September 06, 2001 - 08:03 AM

What is the BK Mod?

• *mike68*

Posted September 06, 2001 - 08:19 AM

Greg,
That was my question!

• sirhk

Posted September 06, 2001 - 08:26 AM

Are you Joking!!! It's so hard to tell when people are sarcastic. If you're not, let me know and I'll explain it in general since it doesn't work on my bike or do a search for it.

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • *mike68*

Posted September 06, 2001 - 08:39 AM

I wasn't joking but found all the information doing a search. Pics and everything. What a simple mod. I am going to try it.

• sirhk

Posted September 06, 2001 - 08:45 AM

Sorry man, it just seems like it's such a great mod, easy to do and people talk about it everyday. That and I've seen your name on many threads so I was suprised you hadn't read about it. Make sure you know that it's only on the '00 and '01 carbs. It won't work on the '98-'99 like mine which is why I was jealous.

For anyone that hasn't heard of it do a search for "BK Mod". Basically it's a mod. to your carb that limits the accelerator pump gas squirt and makes it adjustable. Supposedly it makes a HUGE difference in low to mid throttle response. I think Motoman 393 (If that's the right name) has pictures on his web page if you find a thread by him.
Khris

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"

• *mike68*

Posted September 06, 2001 - 09:37 PM

I've read about it but never looked into it. I don't want to rejet. I am hoping I don't have to

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 06, 2001 - 10:00 AM

sirhk,
On our 99's, the P38 lightning is all we can do to limit the travel (i.e. stroke) on our accel pumps.

One TT'er was looking at the qwicksilver pumper carb. He had one on his Honda XR and swore by the things...

Taffy, in England, disconnected his Accel pump (AP) with great success, albeit some jetting changes. I do believe the Taffster has a '99 as well.

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.