street legal pipes??

10 replies to this topic
  • dsurfdawg

Posted January 07, 2006 - 01:50 PM

Say I want to get my pipe checked for decible reading..anyone know where I can do this around the Orlando area.

Just picked up this ole xr600 last week ..........dang she runs sweet !!!!!!

Thanks,

Dave

86 xr 600 plated

P.S. what's the legal limit in Florida???

• snaggleXR650

Posted January 08, 2006 - 06:13 AM

Don't sweat it. When you have Harleys with screaming loud pipes and even some sport bikes with loud aftermarket pipes, your single cylinder with anything but a straight though pipe will be fine.

I've got an XR650R with a WB E-series pipe. Not super loud, but louder than stock, with alot of low frequency *thump.* I go riding with sportbike guys every now and then and I can't even hear my bike run when around them.

In my experience, the only time you might run into problems with noise is in offroad situations. I live and ride in Pensacola, FL.

• dsurfdawg

Posted January 08, 2006 - 06:47 AM

Thanks bro appreciate the feedback. Since it has warmed up a bit today think I'll run over and go surfing for a couple of hours then come back and ride ..Be cool later....

Dave 10-27-55

Orlando area

• BIGGITY

Posted January 10, 2006 - 02:29 PM

Thanks bro appreciate the feedback. Since it has warmed up a bit today think I'll run over and go surfing for a couple of hours then come back and ride ..Be cool later....

Dave 10-27-55

Orlando area

Surf in Florida? You must be joking. :applause: j/k

• don87xr600

Posted January 10, 2006 - 02:37 PM

Yeah, there aren't any good surfers from Florida.

Signed,

Kelly Slater

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • targetdrone

Posted January 10, 2006 - 07:50 PM

I can't be ticketed for a modified exhaust. Dual-sported bikes in Nevada are considered Special Constructed Vehicles. :applause:

• Graffix50

Posted January 11, 2006 - 08:32 AM

With all of the hog roaming around the cops don't seem to bothered by sound. I do have a db meter if ya get paranoid or they are like $30 @ radio shack.

Being so close to ONF you should check out Dixie dual Sport if you haven't already. Good group, fun rides. The big devils creek is comming up near Tampa. Knobs (teraflex)are a must.

See ya around :applause:

• brichter

Posted January 11, 2006 - 01:16 PM

Yeah, there aren't any good surfers from Florida.

Signed,

Kelly Slater

They got good surfers, just not a lot of good waves! (I'm spoiled.)

• dsurfdawg

Posted January 11, 2006 - 04:43 PM

Hey man i just said I was going surfing .... I didn't say i was gonna rip it up at Sunset Beach !!! No matter what if I had my way i would perpetually being doing one or the other .......Well, maybe with a little bit of chasing momma around the kitchen table mixed in too!!! ............Hey any Orlando area boys hit me up ...... I got a million friggin questions I wanna ask about this ole bike ???...

Be Cool

Dave

RUN FORREST RUN

xr600 plated ..........got to be modified it runs like a bat out of hades!!!!!!!

• wr450fyamaha

Posted January 11, 2006 - 07:58 PM

dont tell me you guys are fighting about surfing.

• don87xr600

Posted January 11, 2006 - 08:50 PM

dont tell me you guys are fighting about surfing.

Yet another worthless post.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.