Sound Decible

5 replies to this topic
  • Dustin1062

Posted January 06, 2006 - 09:54 PM

I am lookign to put a new Exhaust on my 2001 YZF 426. One that i do not have to worry about getting a fine for at the trail riding places? Got any ideas about a good one?

• dsconstructs

Posted January 07, 2006 - 08:08 AM

http://ohv.parks.ca....p?page_id=23038

I found this before while trying to narrow down how loud the White Bros E Series was that's on mine when I bought it, same bike, I just knew it was LOUD with 12 plates. I was looking for info before hitting Stonyford and dropped down to two plates and the ranger tested me at 95db.
Anyway it has in there a record of some different exhausts and what level they tested on different bikes.

• rlp1

Posted January 07, 2006 - 05:30 PM

FMF Q works awesome, we have one on our 2001 YZ426F. It's very quiet, to the point where you can't hear it even riding behind the bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • badassdad

Posted January 07, 2006 - 06:36 PM

02 yz426f fmf q and a power bomb head pipe, tested out at 94 bd.

• Dustin1062

Posted January 11, 2006 - 10:13 PM

Thanks alot guys

• sirthumpalot

Posted January 12, 2006 - 03:09 AM

I haven't tried it myself, but the FMF-Q seems to have the best noise/power combo of any of the exhausts that I have read about.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.