Quiet pipe thread

10 replies to this topic
  • Drunken Monkey

Posted January 06, 2006 - 07:52 PM

For all the moron's that bitch in pipe threads.

• clark4131

Posted January 06, 2006 - 09:02 PM

Troll Alert!!! :cry: :applause: :cry: :bonk: :p :cry: :lol: ...SC

• bbrxr100

Posted January 07, 2006 - 05:45 PM

Is it oxiemoron or aussiemoron ?? Your TT name seems to fit you well.

• blue_beast_wins

Posted January 07, 2006 - 06:20 PM

I dont think that starting a thread like this will help much, but eh..... i could be wrong, was wrong twice last year :applause: .

• Bamster

Posted January 08, 2006 - 08:22 AM

Here I will start
http://dirtrider.net...threadid=118083

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted January 08, 2006 - 09:01 AM

Beautiful article. Muchas gracias for the link :applause:...SC

• byggd

Posted January 08, 2006 - 09:14 AM

Some people were born to stir the s**t :applause:

• snakesausage

Posted January 08, 2006 - 01:49 PM

Here I will start
http://dirtrider.net...threadid=118083

Great article. I too do not like a loud pipe but one of my riding buddies thinks the louder the better, (he is 34!!!). The other guy that rides with us just bought a WR250 and he was concerned about removing the plug in the exhaust tip because he thought that it would make it too loud (he is 19). It is not always the young guys that need to be educated; it is sometimes the older generation that is still stuck in the loud pipe past.

• Bamster

Posted January 08, 2006 - 03:31 PM

Hey I'm 41 and believe that more sound = less ground. :applause:

• 04WR450F

Posted January 08, 2006 - 05:42 PM

Bamster,

Thanks for the link. That was a great article. I sent it to all my riding friends.

You ought to post it in all the forums, so it gets a lot of exposure. Thanks again. I want my boys to be able to take their kids riding in the Rockies. At the rate that trails are getting closed though, I'm worried it won't happen.

Craig

• MotoGoalie

Posted January 09, 2006 - 08:10 AM

I love my Q, and frankly I don't think it cut any power ( that I would miss) from my YZ. It's kind of a wierd pipe tho. It's quiet enough when the throttle is in the low to mid area but when WFO, I think the sumbitch is louder than with the stock open pipe. My buddy took it for a ride the other day and when he was hauling ass the sound just ECHOED around the forest.

More sound is truly, less ground.

PS, I just watched the Euro Enduro Championship series and those guys have Quiet pipes.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.