mxa test on yz450

73 replies to this topic
  • migs647

Posted January 08, 2006 - 03:45 PM

Right back at'cha there, partner. :applause:

Can't we all just get along :bonk:

In all seriousness... I don't think Texas30 came on this thread with the intention to be a troll...

But for anyone bringing up what a magazine rates a bike / bikes... you do realize they get kick backs from the companies for good plugs? Even the biggest POS bikes get some sort of positive plug. If you want to know what is well liked... go to your local track or event and ask some riders... thats if you can't ride it for yourself.

• Texas30

Posted January 08, 2006 - 04:09 PM

Can't we all just get along :bonk:

In all seriousness... I don't think Texas30 came on this thread with the intention to be a troll...

But for anyone bringing up what a magazine rates a bike / bikes... you do realize they get kick backs from the companies for good plugs? Even the biggest POS bikes get some sort of positive plug. If you want to know what is well liked... go to your local track or event and ask some riders... thats if you can't ride it for yourself.

Migs647: :cry: Man, thank you SO MUCH! I really didn't come on here to start anything. I started coming here because I'm thinking of buying the 06 YZ450 & thought I could learn some things about the bike.

I slammed MXA, not the bike. Yes, I am aware other bikes have won shootouts in MXA from time to time, I just feel they lean very heavy towards Yamaha. That DOESN'T mean Yamaha make a bad bike or that I think the Honda is better. Its mean I do not think the mag is fair. Thats all!

If it helps, I"ll throw this out there: I think Transworld is kind of pro Honda. Not as bad as MXA but close. I still say if I had a Yamaha in my sign & said "I love my bike but you guys know MXA favors Yamaha anyway", I'm willing to bet the same people dogging me would have been lined up agreeing with me.

Who gives a crap about brand loyalty? You think any of the Japs making any of these bikes gives a rats-ass about me or you? Please.......

I have done just what you said. I posted over at houstonmotocross that anyone with an 06 YZ, RMZ or KXF that will let me take a 6 to 8 lap spin on their bike, I will pay their practice fee. So far I have offers to ride the Yamaha & a 525 KTM & I can't wait. By far the best way to really tell what YOU think about a bike. RIDE it for yourself. :applause:

Anyway, thanks again for getting it

And heres the P.S. I never took a shot at anyone on here who didn't take one at me first.

• SCIENCE

Posted January 08, 2006 - 04:23 PM

Yamacrossaction loves a Yamaha. WHAT a surprize :applause:

How can anyone put any merit into anything they say?

P.S. I'm not dogging the bike(thinking of getting one) but MXA is the most biased mag I have ever wasted my time reading.

Can we put the Yamacross Action thing to bed? MXA is by far the best mag for bike tests! Bar none! TWMX/DR etc usually will never say anything bad about a bike. MXA has one of the pickiest testing staffs out there. And they never hold back - no matter what the brand. If you look at their shootout winners the past 20 years all the Mfgs have one, save for maybe KTM.
All that being said, take any of the tests w/ a grain of salt. Fortunately for all of us, each of the 450F's has its merits. I don't think you can go wrong. the only one I wouldn't buy is the KXF (only b/c it's a first year).

• arel451

Posted January 08, 2006 - 04:47 PM

Yes Virginia, lets put this to bed!

• Satch0922

Posted January 08, 2006 - 05:00 PM

Yes Virginia, lets put this to bed!

hahahaha I love it! Made me laugh out loud!

BTW....I can't post to this thread anymore...I gotta go add a tooth to the rear sprocket of my bike!! LMAO ~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause:

• triplejumper

Posted January 08, 2006 - 05:07 PM

The YZ450 is an awesome bike. MXA is an awesome magazine. Ride what you want, enjoy it, and if you cant win races on any of them, its your own fault. The old wives tale about each different magazine being biased towards a specific brand is BS. Got any proof of the accusations? Thought not, just enternet opininions.

• gholt651

Posted January 08, 2006 - 05:46 PM

06 YZF450 :bonk: :bonk:
TEXAS being #1 :lol: :cry: :cry:
Young going to the NFL :p :cry: :applause: :bonk:
Ride what you want, we can settle the rest on the track :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • migs647

Posted January 08, 2006 - 05:55 PM

Got any proof of the accusations? Thought not, just enternet opininions.

hahaha and no companies do illegal stock trading by lying about their profits for the quarter / year... not every company is perfect. I'm not saying they are lying... but it makes sense from a business point of view. When I see magazine companies... ahem transworld doing team rides... I usually see them on 1 set of bikes for the year. When I was running Competition Park in CA, Dirt Rider and Racer X would come out... they would be on the same brand for that year... coincidence? Just testing? Maybe *shrugs*

• triplejumper

Posted January 08, 2006 - 07:39 PM

hahaha and no companies do illegal stock trading by lying about their profits for the quarter / year... not every company is perfect. I'm not saying they are lying... but it makes sense from a business point of view. When I see magazine companies... ahem transworld doing team rides... I usually see them on 1 set of bikes for the year. When I was running Competition Park in CA, Dirt Rider and Racer X would come out... they would be on the same brand for that year... coincidence? Just testing? Maybe *shrugs*

Again spewing opinions not proof. Show some proof to back your comments.

• triplejumper

Posted January 08, 2006 - 07:43 PM

What it boils down to is that some people like the magazine others dont, nothing more to it. To say it sucks is bashing something that people like, and you deserve to get flamed back.

• Madmax31

Posted January 21, 2006 - 04:09 PM

Yamacrossaction loves a Yamaha. WHAT a surprize :thumbsup:

How can anyone put any merit into anything they say?

P.S. I'm not dogging the bike(thinking of getting one) but MXA is the most biased mag I have ever wasted my time reading.

You guys kill me with this crap. Can you not read??? WHat in the hell are you looking at?? I guess if your brand doesn't win than they are F_ing stupid.

For 2 years in a row the RM250 wins it's class, the KXF 250 won this years 250F shootout, I think the CRF250 won last year, The KTM 125 one a few years back, The CRF 450 was top in the 450's last year.

• Madmax31

Posted January 21, 2006 - 04:11 PM

Can we put the Yamacross Action thing to bed? MXA is by far the best mag for bike tests! Bar none! TWMX/DR etc usually will never say anything bad about a bike. MXA has one of the pickiest testing staffs out there. And they never hold back - no matter what the brand. If you look at their shootout winners the past 20 years all the Mfgs have one, save for maybe KTM.
All that being said, take any of the tests w/ a grain of salt. Fortunately for all of us, each of the 450F's has its merits. I don't think you can go wrong. the only one I wouldn't buy is the KXF (only b/c it's a first year).

AMEN!

• Texas30

Posted January 21, 2006 - 05:01 PM

You guys kill me with this crap. Can you not read??? WHat in the hell are you looking at?? I guess if your brand doesn't win than they are F_ing stupid.

Can YOU NOT READ. Hell, you even copied the quote were I said
"not dogging the bike just the mag" & you still think it has something to do with me riding a Honda???? Your right, somebody is f-ing stupid for sure!

• Texas30

Posted January 21, 2006 - 05:07 PM

Here try reading this. Its a quote from :thumbsup: oh lets see, oh thats right, from me.

I slammed MXA, not the bike. Yes, I am aware other bikes have won shootouts in MXA from time to time, I just feel they lean very heavy towards Yamaha. That DOESN'T mean Yamaha make a bad bike or that I think the Honda is better. Its mean I do not think the mag is fair. Thats all!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.