mxa test on yz450

73 replies to this topic
  • Open_Class

Posted January 07, 2006 - 09:23 PM

absence of greymatter,

you still espouse the opinions of others and have no actually experiences of your own to draw from. Your on older equipment that pales to that of the 06 stuff available. I like many, either own the newer stuff and/or have ridden the others, so that we might form an INFORMED opinion.

You continue to side step this point and prattle on about a lot of technical facts that mean nothing if you have not the applied experience to support them.

You are not in a position speak of transparency. Do you even see a reflection in the mirror?

And you should do your homework my friend. I started riding/racing again in 2001 on the YZF426. then 2002 426, 2003 YZ450, 2004 CRF450, 2005CRF450, and now the KXF450.

and you? do you have the breadth of experience across brands to be considered an unbiased source of information? Yeah, I thought not.

• kx1984

Posted January 07, 2006 - 11:41 PM

Bottom line for open class is like this. If you like my bike(kx450) then you are right. If you like another bike (any) then you are wrong. Here is open class ,lets not be brand loyal but I have two Kawasakis. The honda sucked but I bought two ,one right after the other . Magazine tests generaly suck except the ones that pick my bike first . I'm open minded as long as everyone in on the same page and that page is KX450f . I'm want you all to be open minded enough to know my KX450 is the best but I won't be open minded enough to believe that the Yamaha could possibly be better. Open Class ,your KX450 looks awsome .

• project_mx_37

Posted January 08, 2006 - 02:56 AM

man! that is strong. yeah.
It is apparent the the individuals in this thread have been moved by the apperence and the presence of the superior KX450F and the inferior YZ450F. It is to my knowledge that the KX450F is only young but one must dissmiss the claims that this current technology is both inferior and unreliable, and expose the true perfomance the current superiority to the YZ450F. As I and each of the bikes at question here have crossed paths in the late past, I for one think it must be mentioned that both of these bikes are extremely inferior in reliability to my 05 KX250. The opinions in this threads are mostly transparent, as they suggest inferior and utmost outdated technology, be the YZ is superior to the KX. May it be i would personally like to dissmiss those claims and formaly inform all individuals moved by this hollowing thread, that indeed the KX is a superior product.
In conclusion i would like to inform the individuals who engage activities be it on a KX and a YZ, that the bikes in question both display good qualities, just one diplays more good qualities.
Just ride the damn bike.
i dont wanna kick up shit, but if you ride red, yellow, orange, or blue, u may have to ride behind open class' KX450F cause thats was reed and carmichael had to do at anaheim, except they were behind a factory KX450F, the fastest 450 on the planet, period!

• Satch0922

Posted January 08, 2006 - 05:57 AM

all the magazines like my bike..... :applause::D:D:D

• Texas30

Posted January 08, 2006 - 06:12 AM

"going green tomorrow"
http://www.thumperta...253#post2840253
weren't you referring to that asskicking?

Naw, I wasn't even in that one at all.

I was talking about the USC-TEXAS football game. :applause:

• Satch0922

Posted January 08, 2006 - 06:20 AM

the beauty of this thread is that most everyone who has their panties in a wad have not even ridden the 2006 YZF!! LOL

BTW...this was about MXA being an inferior rag to have next to the toilet....not about who's dad can beat up the other.

I have riddened the 06 YZF, the 06 CRF an 05 RMZ and would like to ride the new KXF. Not because I am a bike critic (although I can be LOL) but because they are all the latest and greatest and bias toward a brand is not what riding motorcycles is about.

Having said all that....the pink bikes don't match any of my gear !!!! smirk:

• Ga426owner

Posted January 08, 2006 - 06:58 AM

Everyone shut up and RIDE! :applause:

• DPW

Posted January 08, 2006 - 07:10 AM

i dont wanna kick up shit, but if you ride red, yellow, orange, or blue, u may have to ride behind open class' KX450F cause thats was reed and carmichael had to do at anaheim, except they were behind a factory KX450F, the fastest 450 on the planet, period!

ahhh yeah whatever you say buddy...geez

That statement if you can call it a statement, is what I'd like to call "funny"

Hi...Texas30 and Satch.. :applause:

I would like to boldly agree with Ga426owner's comment too!

• RCannon

Posted January 08, 2006 - 07:16 AM

I agree . We ALL know the factory guys ride 100% stock bikes, right???

Please...with their budgets and special parts, Kawasaki could have Stewart winning on a coffee table.

• Satch0922

Posted January 08, 2006 - 07:23 AM

No ....they were behind the fastest rider.

Using the logic above, The KX450F is slower than the YZ450F, CRF450R RMZ450 and marginally faster than two CR250R's.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted January 08, 2006 - 07:28 AM

oh..btw....HELLO DPW! My bike is "parted out" LOL waiting for some new plastic to show up :applause:

• Satch0922

Posted January 08, 2006 - 07:29 AM

Everyone shut up and RIDE! :cry:

:applause: :bonk:

• DPW

Posted January 08, 2006 - 07:32 AM

No ....they were behind the fastest rider.

Using the logic above, The KX450F is slower than the YZ450F, CRF450m RMZ450 and marginally faster than two CR250R's.

ahhh...yeah you are right

9 26 Michael Byrne Murrieta, CA 12 Kawasaki KX450F

• Texas30

Posted January 08, 2006 - 07:36 AM

Hi...Texas30 and Satch.. :bonk:

Hey DPW, Whats up. Crazy stuff over here huh?

I find it funny that I'm a Yamaha basher when I've been talking to you about were is the best place to get one. :applause:

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted January 08, 2006 - 12:58 PM

Yamacrossaction loves a Yamaha. WHAT a surprize :applause:

How can anyone put any merit into anything they say?

P.S. I'm not dogging the bike(thinking of getting one) but MXA is the most biased mag I have ever wasted my time reading.

Biased? YamahaAction? Hardly.

The Honda CRF450 has won the 450 crown two years running. So now I suppose they are "HondaAction"...right? You people are pathetic the way you see things in your mind.

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted January 08, 2006 - 01:08 PM

Dirtrider is a joke :applause:

Actually, since Ken Faught left and Jimmy Lewis took over their reporting seems quite accurate.

• migs647

Posted January 08, 2006 - 02:05 PM

Scan a copy of it for me....the mailman is not done with my copy yet, guess he likes MXA... :applause:

I would like to read it and judge for myself....

At the end of day I could care less what anybody (RacerX, MXA, and etc.) thinks about my bike...as long as I'm happy..moral of the story.

We all think magazine shootouts suck until the bike we own wins...

That is the most honest statement probably on these boards. I have always gone for underdog bikes throughout my career. Know what? With the right mechanic... you can turn any bike into a competitive bike. I don't go for what comes out of the box because I usually have everything modded out of the box anyways. I go for 2 things... suspension and FEEL OF THE BIKE. I'll admit my 05 yzf 450 felt a bit wider than I would have liked... but my new yz 450f (06) feels like a 125. It really does! I mean its what i've desired in a feel of a bike forever. You actually sit on top of the seat instead of IN the seat. So if the engine sucks????? Ok mr mechanic make it faster... suspension suck? Rob @ rg3 can fix that too...

I may be a bit luckier than most and have many contacts that I can go to. But I feel that feel of a bike should be #1 with any rider.

• migs647

Posted January 08, 2006 - 02:08 PM

I have ridden an 06 crf, an 06 kxf... I feel both of those bikes are very strong... though I don't trust the KX since its the first year for it. So far i'm happy wiht my decision. I think it may be the best bike out of the box... but thats my opinion. I've been racing yamahas half my career (16 years) so I may be a little biased... Sorry

• arel451

Posted January 08, 2006 - 03:18 PM

I rate the best bike by averaging out all the magazine ratings :applause:

• Texas30

Posted January 08, 2006 - 03:18 PM

You people are pathetic the way you see things in your mind.

Right back at'cha there, partner. :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.