Aftermarket Parts

9 replies to this topic
  • marcusmoberg

Posted January 06, 2006 - 11:14 AM

[COLOR=Navy]I am thinking about buying the Boyesen Quick Shot Acclerator and The PowerNow Valve!

Is it worth it to buy either one of them?

Does it do a lot for performance?

Does anybody have one of these aftermarket parts installed?[/COLOR]

• ARin

Posted January 06, 2006 - 11:22 AM

i have the boyesen cover, and my opinion on the unit is that it does NOT give 60 dollars worth of improvement, and nailing down your jetting is more important by far. Too many people try to use the boyeson cover as a bandaid for bad jetting.

• 642MX

Posted January 06, 2006 - 11:38 AM

I have the Boyesen Quick Shot. I've been very impressed with the performance gain. The people that say that they don't work have a badly jetted bike. If everybody could jet there bikes correctly then everybody would be satisfied with the Q.S. :applause:

• ARin

Posted January 06, 2006 - 11:41 AM

I have the Boyesen Quick Shot. I've been very impressed with the performance gain. The people that say that they don't work have a badly jetted bike. If everybody could jet there bikes correctly then everybody would be satisfied with the Q.S. :applause:

i feel exactly the opposite...i think that those people with a properly jetted bike, with a properly timed AC pump will get minimal results from the QS.

• bg10459

Posted January 06, 2006 - 11:49 AM

I'm somewhere in between. The quickshot is not a cure, and will do little or nothing if your bike is poorly jetted. But I feel a slight improvement after having gotten the jetting as close as possible. Worth $75? I'm not sure, but I'm not taking it off either.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • griffithds

Posted January 06, 2006 - 12:08 PM

I have the power now installed. If you do a lot of hill climbing, you will notice the improvement. It only works between the off to half open position in the carb. You will get a quicker bites on the hill climb during the on then off then on again positions. Tougher the hill, the more you will be controling your on/off/on positions.

• 642MX

Posted January 06, 2006 - 01:56 PM

i feel exactly the opposite...i think that those people with a properly jetted bike, with a properly timed AC pump will get minimal results from the QS.

I guess you will have to define minimal? The QS does not add even a full horsepower on the dyno, its purpose is to eliminate hesitation and cure the hiccup/flame out situations. I think it works very well, just as advertised. It will not make your bike any more power, it simply enhances the throttle response and cures a few problems too. Maybe you where expecting more?

• ARin

Posted January 06, 2006 - 03:24 PM

No, i was expecting/hoping it would clear up my off idle bog.

I found that it had little if any effect on my bog. Proper leak jetting and AP timing cured 90% of the problem.

• marcusmoberg

Posted January 06, 2006 - 04:14 PM

I think I will just re-jet my WR400F!

I know it needs It.

It's something I think I would hate to do!

You have test each freakin' jet!

I'll probably have somebody do it for me. He He Ha Ha :applause:

• ncmountainman

Posted January 06, 2006 - 07:36 PM

did you rob a liqour store marcus? the quickshot helped smooth the throttle delivery down low,and didn't do much else. like arin says its not a jetting 'fix', if you work the throttle alot in tight situations it really shines :applause: whether or not its worth the money depends on your riding style,i think a woods rider would benefit more; the powernow enhances the bottom end response,and also would stand out more for the woods rider. i use them both and would buy them again :bonk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.