'04 WR450 on MX Motocross track, need suspension setting

1 reply to this topic
  • miknewman

Posted January 05, 2006 - 08:30 PM

Anyone else riding their modded WR450 at the track. Just bought mine about a month ago and finally had time to take it out to the track. I've done all the standard engine/performance mods plus taken off the lights, battery and overfill reservoir which took about 8 pounds off so she is still a little overweight at 240. But to my suprise she did real well at the track. My buddy and I are both of equal ability and he wasn't able to catch me on his new '05 RMZ450 so I was pretty proud of her. I was clearing some 30-40 foot table tops and as long as I was landing on the down side the suspension was good but if I shorted any splitters, it was kind of rough. I'm not real good with dialing in suspension and was wondering if anyone else would be willing to share their suspension settings for their motocross riding on a WR450. The suspension is completely stock and I weight 170lbs without gear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted January 05, 2006 - 08:37 PM

At your weight, you should be good with the stock springs. I'd make sure your sag was set correctly for your weight, take the compression clickers all the way in and just start messing around with the rebound until you like it :applause:

Good Luck :bonk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.