timing/jetting question

1 reply to this topic
  • mdek

Posted September 06, 2001 - 03:40 AM

I have a 2000 wr400 which is wr timed and has an fmf powercore 4 S A. I am very happy with the jetting. If I yz time it will I have to monkey around with the jetting again?

thanks

Mark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Terry_in_Reno

Posted September 06, 2001 - 09:02 PM

I did the YZ timing before I added the FMF power core IV and power bomb header. without changing the jetting the timing moved the power up in the curve. When I added the pipe I ended up with a hesitation at 0~1/8 throttle. I have turned my pilot jet air screw out to 2 3/4 turns out and dropped the clip to #4 possition and eliminated 90% of the problem. Now I have a needle on order and the BK mod to hopefully take care of the last 10%.

I was very disappointed with the change to YZ timing until I started making the other changes. Since you already have the pipe in place, I would say it would be easy and cheap to make the change.

Just my 2 cents.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.