Knee guards?

8 replies to this topic
  • Matty05

Posted January 05, 2006 - 04:38 PM

I'm looking at the EVS kenny bartram / 661 pro dj knee guards or at least ones with a top strap.
I can't decide, Anyone got these?
What do you like / hate about them?

• snakesausage

Posted January 05, 2006 - 09:13 PM

I do not have either of them but I do use Moose M1 and love them. From the pictures that I have seen of both the brands you mentioned the Moose looks like it wears the same. The Moose have an elastic Velcro top strap and a spandex type bottom strap. They tuck into the top 1" of your boot and have a ridge to keep them from sliding down into your boot. I have had some nasty get-offs and slid on my knee through rocks, they protected me well.

• steve lemley

Posted January 05, 2006 - 09:25 PM

Thor just came out with a great set of cheaper ones, approx $80. Full knee, thin and very cumfy. Check them out I swear by them. Full shin, knee cap center plate, 90 degee lock out for knees and half thigh. Best buy on any gear this year for me... Havent tried the one you are talking about.

• Matty05

Posted January 06, 2006 - 12:07 AM

I do not have either of them but I do use Moose M1 and love them. From the pictures that I have seen of both the brands you mentioned the Moose looks like it wears the same. The Moose have an elastic Velcro top strap and a spandex type bottom strap. They tuck into the top 1" of your boot and have a ridge to keep them from sliding down into your boot. I have had some nasty get-offs and slid on my knee through rocks, they protected me well.

They look pretty good! Too bad no one sells Moose in Australia, I really like their gear. It looks good stuff.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted January 06, 2006 - 12:09 AM

I have had some nasty get-offs and slid on my knee through rocks, they protected me well.

That's why I need more, my old fox ones died. They didn't have the top strap which would have been nice.

• Mike955i

Posted January 06, 2006 - 08:52 AM

I had the 661 Pro DJ knee guards and they lasted a total of 2 (crash filled) rides before the straps pulled free from the stitching and were worthless. Only time I've considered returing a product used; I would not recommend them.

FWIW

• NuckingFuts

Posted January 06, 2006 - 09:19 AM

I use the older generation Thor Force guards. The new are less bulky but dont have nearly as much protection. Ive got EVS type knee guards I wear on one knee (injured) when I snowboard in icey conditions and it seems to do the trick but the lack of protection above the knee keeps me from using them one dirt.

• bg10459

Posted January 06, 2006 - 11:23 AM

I have the Thor Force knee guards, but it took a few rides to get used to them. First tried them under my pants directly on the skin, but that didn't work. Now I wear them on top and I like them; I wouldn't ride without them. I'm not sure if they're old generation or new, but I bought them at the beginning of this season.
I did, however, find this thread. I am unsure which generation guard it refers to, but worth a look anyway. The links inside it are dead, but if you read through, you'll get the idea.

http://www.thumperta...ead.php?t=99213

• steve lemley

Posted January 06, 2006 - 12:14 PM

I cant see the pics in that last forum but after reading it, I hope they arent the ones I have. I hope what happened was because of rider error and not a design flaw. Ill still use mine, I love the support and stability they add. I had full ACL knee replacement 2 years ago and need all the support that I can get without breaking the bank. These are the only ones my knee feels safe in.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.