No More F'in I Just Bought Me A New Dirt Bike Threads

34 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted January 06, 2006 - 09:20 AM

Iowa really pushes the envelope of publik Edukation doesn't it?

California, dude! Government Schooling at it's best. :applause:

• mtrdrms

Posted January 06, 2006 - 09:50 AM

When a man gets a new bike, he can not be quiet about it, he will NOT post about it in a common thread, HE WANTS HIS OWN THREAD.
And that, my friend, is joy, happiness and proud.
I find it OK to be shared with us.

This my favorite post on this thread. Also I hope there are just a lot of typographical errors on this thread and not out-right butchering the language (while we are not talking about Yamahas).

• r1_Addict

Posted January 06, 2006 - 11:49 AM

Kinda thought this forum was for people to have fun, brag a bit and be excited about their bike? It is kinda the newbie right to spread the news and then get some quality advice from people with similar rides....

• YZF831

Posted January 06, 2006 - 12:04 PM

Iowa really pushes the envelope of publik Edukation doesn't it? :cry:

Man you so put me in my place, how do you do it? I will never question your authority on any thing you say again. Please forgive me you highness. :applause: Please give us a write up on those new socks too.

woo hoo.

:bonk:

• SureBlue

Posted January 06, 2006 - 04:59 PM

This my favorite post on this thread. Also I hope there are just a lot of typographical errors on this thread and not out-right butchering the language (while we are not talking about Yamahas).

I humbly apologize if I'm butchering your language, I can well admit my saying is often clumsy. It just happens to be that my lingual skills (limited to 7 languages) are all based on studies, english included, apart from my mother tongue. On the other hand I have to wonder about the level of education in the U.S as most of the people I see around here too don't even know how to spell, not to mention knowing the difference between there, their and they're.
But if I understood you correctly, you liked the idea what I was saying, and that I thank you for.

• grayracer513

Posted January 06, 2006 - 05:26 PM

I humbly apologize if I'm butchering your language, I can well admit my saying is often clumsy. It just happens to be that my lingual skills (limited to 7 languages) are all based on studies, english included, apart from my mother tongue. On the other hand I have to wonder about the level of education in the U.S as most of the people I see around here too don't even know how to spell, not to mention knowing the difference between there, their and they're.
But if I understood you correctly, you liked the idea what I was saying, and that I thank you for.

I'm not sure he meant you, Roger. He did say that he liked your post and that there were spelling problems within the thread. And you are correct about the state of public ed in this country. But the worst of it is not that the schools have push aside teaching academics in favor of political correctness (which is a new name for intellectual bankruptcy). The biggest problem now is that young people have been raised for 2-3 decades not to care about their command of their own language or whether they can communicate without giving the impression, misleading or not, that they slept through every English class from third grade onward, or that they aren't very bright. I won't apologize for it. Compare our contemporary writing skills to the work of Hamilton, Madison and Jay in The Federalist and realize that that work was intended to be read by the average man in the street in the 1780's.

Only seven languages? I feel good when I can manage to stumble through a dinner order in Spanish without unintentionally swearing at the waitress!

For those of you who want to pick on SureBlue's English, bear in mind, when it says "Other" in his profile, he's not kidding.

• CRFThumper

Posted January 06, 2006 - 05:38 PM

I only wish I could spell as good as blue!I find it funny that some of the guy's on here can complain about spelling or punctuation and in the same breath make THEIR own mistakes! My wife is swiss and also speaks 6 languages it does get kinda old getting told off in so many ways! :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted January 06, 2006 - 05:54 PM

Thanks buds, and piss on you! ehh, sorry PEACE on you :applause:
Apart from the entertainment and our mutual interest in dirtbikes, I have found this is a great forum to practise the language too. :bonk:
Hope I get my bike soon, I'm starting to hear weird noises and see bats flying in the room.

• bg10459

Posted January 06, 2006 - 05:54 PM

SureBlue,
While I can occasionally detect some clumsiness in your saying, in general, you have a pretty damn good hold of the language, including proper spelling and punctuation. That is a lot more than many of the so-called native english speaking members of this forum can say. :applause: :bonk:
There just dumies :cry:

• SureBlue

Posted January 06, 2006 - 06:07 PM

:applause:
Thanks, and sorry for the minihijack of this thread. :bonk:

• grayracer513

Posted January 06, 2006 - 06:18 PM

...I have found this is a great forum to practise the language too. :bonk:
Hope I get my bike soon, I'm starting to hear weird noises and see bats flying in the room.

Practise is British, not English :applause:
When your guns start whispering to you, it's time to borrow something and ride! :cry:

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted January 06, 2006 - 08:50 PM

I got my new bike on Wed. SOOO b*** me!

Scott - Is that you? If so, I definitely want to ride it after I drop a deuce... :applause:

• yzkid

Posted January 06, 2006 - 10:44 PM

Motogoalie if u got a 2006 im sure u would b posting yourself just scroll down and dont read it. Not tell people what they can and cant post plus u sound like a real whinner. If u dont like it dont read it its pretty simple

• grayracer513

Posted January 07, 2006 - 11:03 AM

Motogoalie if u got a 2006 im sure u would b posting yourself just scroll down and dont read it. Not tell people what they can and cant post plus u sound like a real whinner. If u dont like it dont read it its pretty simple

Is that what you meant, mtrdrms?

• SureBlue

Posted January 07, 2006 - 11:38 AM

I see what you mean :cry:
I tend to be somewhat withdrawn every time I read posts of someone with username -kid, -boy or -dude. Mostly great youngsters though :applause:
Gray, was that very british said? :cry:
mtrdrms :bonk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.